J-300

Hi Bernie ~

I feel your pain - I too love J300 and have used it for a long time. When I heard they were discontinuing it I began testing many months ago. I am still undecided on a replacement. Right now I am testing different ratios of soy and parrafin blends trying to come up with something I like just as well. Until then The Candlemaker's Store in Ohio still has the J300 in stock so I keep getting a few cases at a time until I find my replacement. Make's Scent in Ohio has had the J300 duped and I tested it but it seemed quirky to me. It was a good wax but I am still testing . . . Good luck :D

Brenda (OH)

I just got MSC300 and burned a candle last night with that wax. I used J50 all the time. The MSC 300 was close to J50 but I think I need a different wick in this wax, I used 51-32-18 Z, thats what I used in J50. It had a good hot throw (300) and it set up nice but I didn't see much difference in wet spots, maybe the 300 had a few less. The JS123 I thought was a very pretty wax, no wet spots, looked great in the jar but I couldn't get a good throw from it. Any comments on thiss? I deal with Makes scents in Ohio and I love their FO, most are very strong and throw great for me. Thanks, Dee

Snow -

I am now testing the MSC123 alone and blended with soy. Per the lady at Make's it is a dupe of the "original" J50 before the IGI buy out. Pure white in color and same ole consistency. I am liking it much better than the MSC300. Blending seems to be making the MSC123 better for wet spots but alone they are minimal when poured at 150*. Wet spots don't bother me much . . . As far as JS123 and JS 50/50 - I couldn't get them to throw when burning either.

Brenda (OH)

Soap Diva ~

I have also tested Candlewic's CBL130. Only 1# since I called for a free sample. It is a very close comparison to the J300 IMHO but Make's Scent is closer to me so I keep working with their blends to see if I can make them work. On the upside - Candlewic does occasionally have great wax sales so it may be an option.

Brenda (OH)

thanks Brenda, I think I'll try that wax next. I have never used soy I'm kinda' new at this yet. I'm getting used to the wet spots, but the finished product looks so much better w/o them. I like sticking with MSC cause I love their FO's. They seem to be strong and throw well. Keep us posted on your testing! And again thanks...next time I order I'm going to try the 123. Dee

I had never tried soy before, and really wasnt't that interested in it, but I got the free 1 lb sameple of the GL 70/30 and loved it, so I ordered a case. It is awesome. The throw is unvelievable and the candles look great, so I switched to this wax. You might give them a try.

I initially used J300 for layered containers. Then I just started mixing it with J223 (which I used for regular containers). I loved the result when mixing the two waxes.

Now I am back to using straight J223. Works well for me, both hot and cold throw with zinc wicks.