lip balm filling trays....do they make them for oval?

Some where the other day I saw where a lady made her own with a block of floral foam. Just push the tubes in to make an indentation and voila! She said it worked real well. I can't remember where I saw it though. If it was someone on here maybe they will post a pic.

HTH

Glo

Even just a block of styrafoam (I don't think that is spelled right.)

works great too. I have used the same block now for months and it works great. I had made it for the round tubes by just making a hole large enough for the tube with a little spare room. I left the plastic covering on the block so I just wipe any spills. I have been meaning to turn the block over and make some holes to hold my ovals too.

Ahh.. I was thinking they were like the trays from MMS, where you have the edge of the top of the tube just below the plastic, and pour the melted balm on top, and it fills them all in.. Ok.. Am understanding now, thanks for clarifying!

Ahh.. I was thinking they were like the trays from MMS, where you have the edge of the top of the tube just below the plastic, and pour the melted balm on top, and it fills them all in.. Ok.. Am understanding now, thanks for clarifying!

Yes, thats what I was going for :) I want to be able to over pour and scrape off the extra instead of pour just the right amount....I'm too messy for that :D

You don't get the floral foam or styrafoam crumbles in the finished product? Got me curious here!

You can do this Bunny! :wink2:

Just stagger the rows with an empty tube for the holes. So you have varied heights for easier filling. That part you only have to do once. Place a good sized piece of Sarah Wrap over the foam "tray"- and push all tubes you need back in to the indents and fill. Let the ends just hang, don't wrap it- you need the "slack" so to speak. When cool, take the tubes out and throw away the Sarah Wrap if your extra neat. If not, just throw the scraps in the micro and fill another tube ... or so.

I did this on accident a while back- works like a charm.

If I could find the camera I would show you.

You can do this Bunny! :wink2:

Just stagger the rows with an empty tube for the holes. So you have varied heights for easier filling. That part you only have to do once. Place a good sized piece of Sarah Wrap over the foam "tray"- and push all tubes you need back in to the indents and fill. Let the ends just hang, don't wrap it- you need the "slack" so to speak. When cool, take the tubes out and throw away the Sarah Wrap if your extra neat. If not, just throw the scraps in the micro and fill another tube ... or so.

I did this on accident a while back- works like a charm.

If I could find the camera I would show you.

GENUIS!