Great trick for votives

I just discovered a great trick for getting the wick pins to release from votives.....I've always run into a few stubborn ones and no matter how careful I always would chip a few. So now I use a warming plate to heat the bottoms and they come off easy and have a clean chip free bottom. I put paper towel on the warmer so its not messy. They only have to stay on about 2 mins. This also works good for votive pins and cups that have a little wax residue on them. Just heat and wipe clean.

Great tip! My paraffin/soy blend all of a sudden wants to stick to the wick pins no matter what I do - they won't push off. I've had to run my fingernail underneath it to break the seal. Will have to try this and see if that's any easier. Will at least save my thumbnail lol..

Another thing you can is to take your heat gun and and put it right on the base of the wick pin, turn it on for about 5 seconds, and then it will slide right out. :D

You just have to ake sure you put it directly on the base.

And don't burn your hand in the process! :laugh2:

Seriously, how do you hold the votive to do that?