Re-blend GW444

I just wanted to let all of you know we have re-blended the GW444. It is now alot like the GW464, but has a melt point of 121-125. Anyone interested in trying this blend can contact the following to purchase a sample...

1) Gateway- You can reach them at 877-220-1963

2) Millcreek Candle Supply- 574 653 2098

3) SoyCandle.com- 502 955 4438

4) The Candle Makers Store- 513 868 9425

Thanks to all of you that show Golden Brands your support and I look forward to hearing of your findings.

Jason

I have tested the wax in my Mad Scientist lab, and found the wax to work very well alone, and with BW. The jury is out still on USA. I could pour hot, ab 150, and cool in open air, and get very good adhesion. The top was dimpled, and after poking with a knife, found it to be nice and solid, with no soft spots or air pockets (albeith pouring without wicks). A quick heat gun shot smoothed it out nicely. This wax definitely needs at least one week to cure. So far, I have colored one test candle in a very pale blue (2 drops per lb of Pryme Base Blue) and no frosting yet in plain 444. In 444 with USA and no color I am getting a very tiny amount of frosting, and in 444 with BW no frosting that is visible to the untrained eye.

I remember how the old 444 performed, and this new blend of 444 is definitely much improved.

geek

I have 2 50 lb boxes of the old 444.I didn't like it because the tarts seemed oily but was glad to get a wax that I could use for both containers and tarts.So now I guess I will get another bag this time (or sample) from my supplier.I still have those 2 boxes I was so excited about.I will do some more testing with containers.Hate to let it sit.

LynnS

I have 2 50 lb boxes of the old 444.I didn't like it because the tarts seemed oily but was glad to get a wax that I could use for both containers and tarts.So now I guess I will get another bag this time (or sample) from my supplier.I still have those 2 boxes I was so excited about.I will do some more testing with containers.Hate to let it sit.

LynnS

There is no reason to let this sit. You can still use it. It is not a bad wax, we just made it better.

LynnS, I would think you could mix the old 444 with a wax with higher melt point, like the new 444, and could be workable. Just a thought:D

Beach, you could ask or request the new version when you order, put it in the comments box.

It isn't horribly bad just oily for my tarts but you are right I should't let it sit.It is a good wax for the price and I didn't have to buy pillar/votive blend which is expensive.So opted when it was first introduced to me.

So Now I have 5 boxes of wax.My 2 of 444 and 3 of 402.Also going to buy some more this week.I am afraid wax prices are going up and craft season is approaching.

Thank you Golden Brands for re-formulating 444.It just might be my only wax eventually.

LynnS