Wet spots, and Hello! :)

Im new here, Ive been lurking for a few days though and I love all the posts and how helpful you all are.

Ive only been making candles for 3 to 4 months so Im new to it all, Im using 223 for containers and ended up with some wet spots eventhough I heated the jars in the oven on warm before pouring. (Votives were easy to tackle and I quickly got the hang of wicking them and doing both pours containers are are another story..lol )

Anyone have any tips on getting jars without wet spots or how to minimize them?

Id like to eventually sell them but I wont until I can get something I myself would want to buy. So heres to many more tests and maybe a couple different waxes to try, wicks etc.:D

There's just no way of getting rid of wets spots...for good anyway. Temperature changes effect the adhesion of the wax to the jars and the temperature changes all the time, so it's unavoidable. Besides, customers don't don't seem to be bothered by them at all, us chandlers are the ones that it annoys the crap out of. In addition, it doesn't affect the burning or the throw of your candles. So, get used to them now, so you don't end up pulling your hair out trying to stop it from occurring...because it's a losing battle. Embrace the wet spots...it's all you can do.

Ditto what Fern said.

Also look at the candles in the stores, from cheap to major brands, they all have wet spots.

I have seen some jar candles with no wet spots, but with closer inspection they used a pillar wax in the jar and it shrunk away from the sides of the jar.

We used J223 early on in our testing and dumped it because of the wet spots. I think it was a BIG MISTAKE! Because we have now figured out how to wick this other wax, I do not want to start over with the J223 at this point BUT I always felt that it's hot and cold throw was better than what we are using now.

Ignore the wet spots - put a label over it!! :D

Good Luck and have fun!