Eco Adv Sample

I used to pour anywhere between 165 and 170F - if you heat to 180 transfer to pour pot and then add your FO it should at least cool down to that.

Get ready for possible sinkholes (add 5% stearic and/or pour at around 135F to fix that) and most likely major wet spots or complete separation from glass in about 24 hours - sometimes much less. (My experience).

been using it for over a year. it is the "prettiest" wax I have used. I have had great results w/top quality FO's @ 6%.

I heat to 155, color, add FO, and pour between 115-125 (depends on what time of year it is)

the only "issue" I have some trouble with is wetspots, but most people don't notice unless you point them out. Frosting has NOT been an issue.

HTH

Guys!!!!!!!!! Ya gotta stop trashing this wax!!! It's advantages far out weigh any dissadvantages! Really! It pours great; no more waiting for a 'slushy stage' and then have a sloppy pour pot to clean out. You can weight it, color if you want, scent it, stir, stir, stir, of course, but then pour! Fast and easy as is the clean up. The cold through is great with 'most' scents; if not, put a lid on it! Always smells great when you lift the lid!:wink2: Hot through is great; never had a problem there. Wet spots? Well, you bet, but 'most' candles aquire them at some point of their life span; the nature of a container candle. Has a beautiful finish; never a lumpy, bumpy surface! How slick is that!? And a nice, clean, soot free burn; with most scents even a marathon burn is clean! Really, what more could you want? Sink holes? Not now that we're past that second version (which truly sucked!). Haven't had one since they went back to version #1. I love this stuff!

Gretchen

Wicks were too large but in one hour filled a 12x12 room intensly and that was a one day cure??????? I will restest with smaller wicks. Heres one for you, at what TIME should a candle have a full meltpool? 2 or three hours is my guess. The one i did was one hour and I think thats too fast. But wow, scented like a blowtorch. LOL

Depends on the size of your container. About one hour per inch of diameter, but sometimes, often, longer on the first burn. Can take a second burn to get the job done. You really need to burn the candle to almost completion, providing you have a decent combination from the start, to be comfortable knowing you have the ideal combo. Wax, wicks, & scents; PIA. often!:wink2:

Gretchen

Here is the problem I have that I did NOT have before. It near completely separates from the glass - its NOT just a couple wet spots. The melt pool sticks BACK to the glass and if its dyed dark it looks like you have a ring of a different color wax around the top of the candle. I don't like the way that looks - JMO. If other folks don't have this issue then that's really great.

If they could just make this wax adhere to the glass instead of formulating it so it releases, I'd go back to it immediately.

Hi, I love the EcoSoya Adv. I've been using for quite sometime. I heat to 180 then scent at 175 or 174. Then I pout at 150. No sink holes or wet spots. If you get a hole use your heat gun. I don't put my candles in a box just leave them out in room temp to harden overnight. Then I put the lid on and let them cure. I use only the best FO 1.5. Love this stuff - great appearance and scent throw hot and cold is out of sight. Wouldn't use anything else. I have never had to use additives. Johann

Thats a long stretch. No sink holes, and no speration near the wick. As far as moving away from the glass while burning.. Yes, looks that way, but that wont hamper sales at all. FROST will.

sounds like you might be liking this wax???

it is the prettiest wax I have used.

I just started testing with Eco Advanced and I love love love this wax, IMO it has to be the prettiest soy wax I have ever seen. So far I have poured about 6 10oz jars and have had no wet spots, sink holes or craters, tops come out smooth as a babys butt and takes nicely to color. I just burned 2 of my jars within 24 hours of testing and I'm getting a great hot throw and great smooth top after burn. BTW I use NG, JS and Daystar scents and they all seem to be working very well. I think this wax may be my salvation in soy...I can't wait to try them in a week to see if they are even better...:grin2:

BTW...I have also had great luck with Enchanted-Lite Millenium blend...just not as pretty as the Eco and since I'm looking to sell I think first appearance is really important.