Public Relations

Rockin

Got home today from a rather dreary rotten day at work and when I checked the answering machine there was 3 calls from the local newspaper in a nearby town. So when I returned the call the gal informed me that they were wanting to do a feature story on local crafters for the upcoming festival in a few weeks. They wanted us because of the uniqueness of our products. I about tumbled out of my chair when she said that.

So I preceded to blah, blah, blah with the information. Got so excited that I forgot over half of what we made. Called scented and told her. She got excited and said I should call the reporter back and tell her about the other half that we made. So I did. The article should appear in about 10 days. They may even want pictures. Don't know yet as she needed to check with the editor.

So the moral of the story is even after the storm there still is a rainbow. :)

Rockin

And now.... let us present the pot of gold that goes with the rainbow. :rockon:

Freaking F~A~N~T~A~B~U~L~O~U~S!!

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I am so excited for both of you. What a feeling.

Now be sure and post the joy- once it is all said and done.

Getting your business out there for the world to see.... $_______.

Imagining you falling out of your chair and at a loss for verbiage? Priceless. LMAO! :P

Congrats to you!!!!!!! I know how it feels to be like that sometimes and then the unexpected happens...lol

The same thing with us last year and they ran a huge feature in our local newspaper on the front page of the Section we were in and then on the front page of newspaper....they even came and took photos of me working one day and of my mom cp soap curing. It was pretty cool. When it runs get it laminated. We did that and at shows we do (which we are only doing 2 this year too much other stuff) we have it framed and displayed.

CONGRATS!!!! I hope things pick up for you!!!!!

• 1 month later...
That is so great. Please do list the link so we can read the article.

Cindy

Well, well, Well. I got up this morning to go to work and Lo and behold the local newpaper that comes out every Wednesday was in the driveway.

Every once in a while they put a newspaper in EVERY DRIVEWAY in town. It is there way of increasing circulation. Well today was that day. Normally I go online to read it but this morning I thumb thru the sections and what did I find. A 2nd printing of the craft article that ran in the neighboring town at last month's craft show there. Since the local newpaper and neighboring newspaper are printed at the same place they just took the same article and printed it in this weeks newpaper. I got excited again. Over 2.000 homes in town and immediate area of apprx 10,000 people. With our local craft show coming up next weekend it was very timely.

I will have to find a way to scan the article so you can read it as they put it in the mid-section of the newspaper and thus not on-line.

Can't beat free publicity. :yay:

Rockin