Newbie having problems with Hot throw...

I made my first batch of candles last week, I used J50, & some oils from LoneStar, I heated my wax to 175 degrees (in my presto pot) I then let it cool to 165, I poured the wax in a glass pyrex measuring cup, added my color then scent. I then poured it in the container (6.5 oz jelly jar) They smell really good, but when I lit the candle, I can't smell a thing! (I used 1oz for 1lb of wax) Please help! What am I doing wrong?

Can you tell us what wick you are using?

When did you first lite up you candle?

Is it possible you have candle nose? Some times closing the jar up and leaving it for a few days will bring back you sense of smell on a FO.

How long is taking to get to full melt pool?

A lot of things can contribute to no scent throw including that a FO may not work well in a certain wax. Wicking may be to small or to big.

The more information you give us the more we can help you.

I'm using 6" Zinc (51-32-18) wicks I purchased from Lonestar. My wax is melting in about 2 minutes. I let the candles sit for about 3 days before I lit them. Should I be using more than 1oz of FO to a pound of wax? I'd really like to try to make some more but I don't want to waste my money if they aren't going to smell up the room. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use J50,and heat my wax to 190 degrees.I have my pour pot hot when I transfer the wax into it.I add my fo at 190 degrees.Stir for about two or three mintutes.Pour at 160 degrees.Never had a problem with hot throw.You can stir again while the wax is cooling.HTH's

Anna