Label Programs

cindym

I can never get the labels to fit or line up correctly. Do I need to buy just avery labels?

No, Avery ought to work with other labels if they have an avery number on them, and you have designed your label on the coresponding one in the program. I would think that maybe your printer needs to be calibrated if it's not lining up correctly. Most labels will have a sheet that comes with them to help you do that. Although, I've seen people on here who have had problems, and that wasn't the solution in the end. It does sound like it's the printer though, and not the program.

I had problems with Avery when I first got it. The lables were not printing in the center. It is like PA said, if you calibrate your printer that should help. I have never gotten mine to be perfectly in the center, but no one seems to notice that they are off center except for me and a couple of people that I know who are anal about that kind of thing. Also, this seems crazy but it seems that there is a top and a bottom to the sheets, when I stick them in one way they are more off center than if I stick them in the other way. Decide which end is wich and label the papers to show top and bottom on 2 sheets and make sure it is the same end that you label as top on both sheets. Then try priting one out by putting the top in first and one by putting the bottom in first. They say they are supposed to be the same, but in my printer, that seems to be the case. But, I always could be crazy. That is a common diagnosis among these parts. :)

I've tried searching online for the "Avery Pro".. is that the name of the printer thingie you guys use? I can't see to find it, however, I am interested in checking it out. Can someone point me in the right direction, store wise to search? Thanks!!!

Funky Monkey

AVery Design Pro 5 and it's a free program. Go to www.avery.com to find the download :)

I can never get the labels to fit or line up correctly. Do I need to buy just avery labels?

I have the same problem, and have calibrated all of my printers with no luck...the preview page looks perfect, and when I hit print, it all falls apart...... so I too am on the hunt for a new label program..

I much prefer my 5-year old, free American Greeting card and label program, but it won't print my clamshell labels right. I use Avery for them. I finally got them to print correctly by calibrating with a label sheet (plain paper didn't work), changing the paper setting to "other specialty paper" and only printing one row at a time. If I print the whole sheet, it messes up. If I print one row at a time, it does fine. It also messes up if you feed it the wrong way which makes no sense as the label sheet is symetrical.

Oh, my AG program has spell check also! Big plus for me.

I have the same problem, and have calibrated all of my printers with no luck...the preview page looks perfect, and when I hit print, it all falls apart...... so I too am on the hunt for a new label program..

I don't think it's your program dear.. I really don't. But maybe I'm wrong. I'm guessing that you may have trouble with about ANY program if your printer isn't properly calibrated and all of the correct adjustments aren't made.

If it's a factor of having the labels not line up correctly all the way down the page, it may also be:

- the quality of the labels - sometimes each page just isn't made the same as the last - the labels are shifted. Sometimes you can't tell, it can be a very tiny amount, but just a little bit will throw things off down the page. Not much you can do about that except have a program that lets you move your labels around on the page.

- your printer driver - you might want to check online to see if your printer has a new Windows driver - sometimes that will work better.

I have the print shop version 20 label maker, its makes greeting cards and labels, banners all different type of things , i buy the address labels at walmart and use them, my son just install it, its on a cd , and it has the avery # for everything on it. he did nothing to my printer , i just tell it how many to print on it. for me this works good,