Apple cidar soap

beloved

I did a search on the forum and did not find a recipe for apple cider soap. When I googled it I found this

Apple Orchard Cider Soap

6 lbs. vegetable shortening

12 oz. can lye

4 cups apple cider

3 teaspoons honey

2-3 teaspoons nutmeg

9 teaspoons MULLED CIDER fo (from Linda @ Sweet Cakes)

Make as usual only dissolve the lye in the cider as opposed to water. Heat the honey with the oils and then use a hand blender to emulsify the honey so it doesn't separate. I mixed the oil and lye at about 100degrees. At light trace I added the nutmeg and MULLED CIDER fo.

Found at: http://www.soapnuts.com/cp2.html

I did a search on the forum and did not find a recipe for apple cider soap. When I googled it I found this

Apple Orchard Cider Soap

12 oz. can lye

4 cups apple cider

3 teaspoons honey

2-3 teaspoons nutmeg

Make as usual only dissolve the lye in the cider as opposed to water. Heat the honey with the oils and then use a hand blender to emulsify the honey so it doesn't separate. I mixed the oil and lye at about 100degrees. At light trace I added the nutmeg and MULLED CIDER fo.

I made this one...well sorta. I started with this recipe because I thought the idea of apple cider soap sounded really good. But I adjusted it to include, shea butter, castor, beeswax, safflower and coconut for 1/2 of the shortening. It turned out very nice! It has been curing for about 4 weeks and I tried a little sliver and wow...I do like it.

Thanks so much for doing that search for me. I am not great at doing searchs. I wil give this a try. Again thanks

Apple Orchard Cider Soap

12 oz. can lye

4 cups apple cider

3 teaspoons honey

2-3 teaspoons nutmeg

That's an... interesting recipe. Just the veggie shortening, eh? I'm curious as to how that one will turn out.

I like the idea of the apple cider and spices for a nice fall soap (adding to a standard base recipe).

If you make it let us know what you think.