Ok..another gel pie ?

CrystalClear

For those that listed the wicks they use, I'm really confused! I have this one pie topper that I can't get right for wicking...AHHHHH :mad:

For those that said they use 3 44z's...umm..which ones? I have 44-32-18, 44-20-18, and 44-24-18.

Also, has anyone tried LX 8 wicks? I'm getting very good burn pools with these, but the only problem is some of the crusts I use tends to melt down and the whole pie actually burns away, others don't. Which I like, but some of my customers prefer to have the pie crust left. OMG..these pies are going to be the death of me, I swear!

I actually would like to use just one kind of wick for all my pies..but I don't think that's going to happen, considering I use 7 different pie toppers.

So, anyone have suggestions?? Thanks!

My suggestion is that you try them in your pies and see which works best for you. It will depend on the gel density you are using and how many embeds with which type of wax.....see, you just can't get away from testing :cheesy2:

I use the 44-24-18z but your pies are probably constructed differently than mine....also, the apple pie fo needs a larger wick....

Oh Crystal LOL........ my house and shop are FULL of cases of half tested jars and containers. If I had the time to clean them out I wouldn't have to order any more for a looooong time. Here is a good tip, clean out your tester right away or you will end up like me over run with them;)

I know it seems like people just don't want to tell you what wick etc. to use but the real truth is what works for one will not necessarily work for another. Different suppliers FO's can be formulated differently and make the candle burn differently, same with the wax used, the color used etc. etc. It really is not a cop out or that people don't want to help you it's just that, sigh, you need to test.

Hope you get it down on your next try !

Oh, I know people don't like to give out their secrets. I was just confused on which 44's to use, cuz I have 3 of them. So, I bucked up and made em all! haha I know my pies are completely different from others...it's just this one stupid pie crust I'm having a problem with. But, I think I got it. And yes...my workroom/house is full of test candles. The smells combined together is quite nauseating at times! :P

Well a nice cure for some of your problem is cut back on you embeds the more embeds in the pies the tougher the wicking is just put enough embeds in to look good not over power the candle. Because gel no matter what FO doesn't have the wicking issues of paraffin.

Here is how I do blue berry. I lay a thin layer of blueberries in the bottom just one blueberry high. Then pour my gel till almost full and lay another layer of blueberries on top the optical illusion that gel creates make them look full of blueberries. I do that with all my pies. I find I am not fighting my wicking nowhere near as much.