What do y'all use for "coffee beans"?...

I have a request for a coffee bean candle, but not sure what to use. I thought I saw where someone once used wax coffee beans. If so, where do you get those...and won't the overpour wax melt them? I looked at the grocery store today for coffee beans, but it seems like a waste to buy expensive, flavored beans when it's not necessary. So, what's the answer? :)

Thanks for any info.

Hey there...

First I bought my coffee beans from RE ...Rustic Esscentuals...but they are $3.99 a pound...but well worth it....Then I bought some from Laura www.tropicalbreezecandles.com But even still with the price of the beans and the shipping Im better off making them myself. So I bought myseff a mold that is casted from REAL coffee beans and started making my own...this way I always have the same color of bean and I always have some..and I dont have to wait to get more.

Altho I do have about 2.5 pounds of beans I bought from Laura for sale if anyone is interested

HTH

You're coffee beans look great - I'll bet they were time consuming with how little they are - I was wondering what kind of wax you are using for your embeds. I noticed your one picture with the embeds at the bottom and then covered with soy was - all of my candles and embeds are made of soy, but I am thinking of venturing into making wax embeds, but want to use only soy. Let me know.

Thanks,

Eileen

You're coffee beans look great - I'll bet they were time consuming with how little they are - I was wondering what kind of wax you are using for your embeds. I noticed your one picture with the embeds at the bottom and then covered with soy was - all of my candles and embeds are made of soy, but I am thinking of venturing into making wax embeds, but want to use only soy. Let me know.

Thanks,

Eileen

If that is true, I don't know how you could over pour onto soy embeds, unless you made Pillar soy embeds then used those in a container and over poured with slushy container soy. Soy wax has a low melt point, there is no such thing as soy embed / hurricane wax, 'cane wax has a melt point of 160*F or greater.