wax 1lb=20 oz or 16oz ????

hi everybody funny thing i was working with a new case of wax iga 4630 ..so i decided to do some figuring out.. some say you can get about 20oz of melted liquid wax from 1lb of solid wax..?well i got 16oz of melted liquid wax from 1lb of solid wax. so which is it ?are you supposed to get 20 oz or 16oz like i did?? makes you wana say mmmmmm ?

1 pound of paraffin will yield 20 liquid ounces. Soy is about 18, but either way...are you sure your scale is accurate?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have only put this to the test on straight paraffin...is it possible that the blend throws it off?

I too was rather confused by this. So if my mold holds 21 ounces I'm taking it this to mean 21 solid ounces. Is this right? I've also found on my 6 ounce jars that I'm looking at more like 11 to 11 1/2 solid ounces for 2 jars instead of 12. I hate to waste wax it's so expensive and having just a tad leftover from containers is very frustrating. What am I going to do with just that little bit? :shocked2:

I too was rather confused by this. So if my mold holds 21 ounces I'm taking it this to mean 21 solid ounces. Is this right?

Nope. When they give container size, it's volume. Fill with water and multiply x .8 for paraffin solid weight to fill.

Thank you so much Eugenia for clarifying. One more question thought lmao sorry to be such a PITA. I always use the calculators they have on here for my mold sizes and containers. Now the weights they are giving on here those are solid weights of the wax is this right?