Mold question

OFCILynn

I have been searching the net for wooden soap molds and after loosing my bookmarks to computer failure, I finally found the site with the colapsable molds!! I really need advise as to which molds would be better for both CP , CPHP and HP soaps!! I dont know if I should go with the pegged or hinged?! I know that I have to line these molds but Im worried about the soap leaking out! Any and all advise is welcomed!! Thank You!!

BTW-From now till the 13th, there is a sale on all items from this site! Good time to buy up if you can wait till after the 13th for the order to be processed!!

Our Vacation/Inventory Sale has now started!

Enjoy 12% off on all purchases from now 7 - 25 - 2006 through 8 - 13 - 2006

Now is the time to save big on purchases here at Candles and Woodcrafts.

Orders can still be placed as usual but they will not process until the vacation/inventory is over.

The inventory phase will last until August 2nd.

During this time we will still be available to answer your emails

The vacation phase begins August 3rd and lasts through August 13th.

During that time we will be unable to answer emails due to no computer access.

If you order during this time your order will not ship out until after the 13th, but if you order during this time you will enjoy Great Savings!! .

We will also be adding many new items to the website during this time.

This sale is our way of saying "Thank You"to all our wonderful customers

Thanks so much for your business!

Here is the link to check out the molds and help me decide which would be best!!

Thanks and God Bless,

Lynn

http://www.candlesandwoodcrafts.com/woodensoapmolds.html

I have the one that is pegged and hinged. I like it. If I pour at a really thin trace to get really delicate swirls, some of the soap can leak out of the corners making it dificult to remove the soap from the mold. With the hinges, I just let down the sides and the soap comes right out.

Joy, you shrink wrap your mold? Explain!!! (please - darn I have to work on those manners I keep bugging my kids about!)

I disassemble it and shrinkwrap the parts. I don't heat it until it's reassembled. I've gotten to the point where I use Sams Wrap on the bottom. I can slide the soap off on the wrap and unmold sooner.

I pour at almost a water like trace and they don't leak.

Edited to add that I've done cpop with the shrink.

JoyD

Thank you so much for your replies! I have gone ahead and placed a order for a few hinged/unstained molds!!! I cant wait to try them!! Im getting so excited about making soaps.......little by little, Im gathering my supplies! LOL

God Bless,

Lynn

I never take mine apart; it's not necessary, I lift the soap out, lining and all. I've never had a leak either.

I don't fold my corners, I cut them out. If it is really a thin trace, I may get as much as 1/2 teaspoon of leakage. In my log mold, that makes it hard to remove the soap.