Jars

Luci

I read, read, and read more. Haven't seen this question yet.

For the very thick creams, whipped body butter, scrubs, etc. that are packaged in jars, what kind of jars are best? When looking at the suppliers' websites, there are so many to choose. What I'm really confused about are the double-walled jars. Is this just an extra luxury, or are there some products that really NEED to be in double-walled jars?

I get confused over whether some things are simply a personal preference for looks, or if there is a serious reason to use particular containers.

I am amazed after pricing some of the containers and wonder how much of the cost of some of my more high-dollar cosmetic purchases are just for the container. The "anti-aging" products are much more elegantly packaged than anything else. I feel that this is because women in my age group (mid 50's) are more apt to spend more on the "fountain of youth."

At any rate, could someone please tell me about the double-walled jars? Didn't mean to ramble so.

I never use the double wall, just make sure the jars are pet or pete so they can stand up to fragrance / essential oils etc. I love these, they are crystal clear and the product shows nicely. I also use some great aluminum (brushed silver color) with screw on tops for my body butters with essential oils...they look stunning!

Carrie is right. In the end, you should choose what jar you like the best, especially since double walled jars do not cost more than single walled ones. I believe the high end cosmetic brands used double walled to make you feel you are getting a bigger jar of cream. I know a lot of people who do not read labels and if you show them 2 jars which have the same volume, they will feel the bigger double walled one is a better value just because it looks bigger. For the high end brands, most of what you pay goes toward advertising, followed by packaging. The actual product is the least of it.

I know a lot of people who do not read labels and if you show them 2 jars which have the same volume, they will feel the bigger double walled one is a better value just because it looks bigger.

I agree with that! I sell body butter in an 8 oz double walled jar and tried to switch one time to an 8 oz clear PET jar. No one would buy it - not even my own mother! She said she didn't want it because the other jars looked bigger. I finally gave up and used them for bath salts instead.