Backwoods Pumpkin Cornbread Soap

gloworm

Ok, I'm gonna try posting a pic again. I've never been able to. Anyway this is my Pumpkin Cornbread soap I made yesterday. It smells really good. Just diagnosed with diabetes so all I can do is smell the goodies now :sad2: . And I have a horrible sweet tooth. All righty lets see if we have a pic!!

Glo

post-97-139458406767_thumb.jpg

Hey Steph!! I tried to swirl-uncolored and a light orange. I'm very swirl impaired ( at least I'm not pic impaired anymore) LOL. May have some color change yet, only made this yesterday. Does smell good though. Have lots of shows starting soon so figured I had better get my bxxt in gear.

Glo

They are beautiful...man I wish I had "Smell-o-net". Great job. SOrry to hear about the Diabetes:awww: . I understand not being able to eat the sweets. I had WLS (weight loss surgery) and too much sugar makes me sick.

Keep up the great work.:thumbsup:

Hugs,

Rachel

W:shocked2:W Glo they look AWESOME!! So glad you figured out how to post pics!!

I was just telling PL the other day that between the 2 of you I was so inspired to want to make soaps (after the very first swap I was in~ Danielle's, w/ both of your's handmade soaps) that I finally found the courage months later to try~ so GLAD I did!! I had never tried handmade soap before and was amazed by it... I still remember after a year you did Peak's Cranberry, and Nan's was an Apple scent! ;)

W:shocked2:W Glo they look AWESOME!! So glad you figured out how to post pics!!

I was just telling PL the other day that between the 2 of you I was so inspired to want to make soaps (after the very first swap I was in~ Danielle's, w/ both of your's handmade soaps) that I finally found the courage months later to try~ so GLAD I did!! I had never tried handmade soap before and was amazed by it... I still remember after a year you did Peak's Cranberry, and Nan's was an Apple scent! ;)

That's so sweet!! The Spiced Cranberry was one of my first attempts. That swap was probably my first swap too. I made everything Spiced Cranberry last winter, LOL. I got so sick of that scent.

Glo

Lovely soaps!!! I'm sure they smell fabulous. I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with diabetes...:awww: That is definitely not fun...but at least you can indulge your sweet tooth through your nose by creating your lovely soaps!

Thanks for the hug Wookie. My "numbers" are getting a little better lately and from speaking with other's with DM it might not be as bleak as it first seemed. I'll probably be able to have some sweets, just not lots of them:embarasse . Plus I have been finding some low carb goodies and such. I always knew I'd probably get DM (miserable genes the doc calls it) and I knew I'd be a "bad" diabetic :grin2: . My Dad has DM and he cheats all the time.:laugh2:

On to funner stuff! The soap does smell terrific. Made 6 batches so far for the fall shows. Can't wait for it to cure. I did Pumpkin Cornbread scrub last week for our weekend show and it was a hit!! So I think when I have soap to match next month we'll be in good shape.

Glo

Those are truly beautiful and I just LOVE the dragonfly ones (I have a thing for dragonflies :D ), but I'm really curious about this FO- is it actually pumpkin cornbread, or did you add cornmeal to it, or what??

And if it is all in the FO, how does that compare to other pumpkin scents??

AND lastly, do people actually make pumpkin cornbread?? I'm an okie from waaay back and love me some cornbread but never heard of pumpkin cornbread??