comparing fragrance oils

beach

Hello, I use a lot of snowtop oils. Does anyone know what fragrance compares to carmelnut cluster, fresh linen and orange chiffon cake. I am looking for something that is as close as possible to these fragrances with of course a great scent throw in soy I use 415 mixed with 402. I am looking for better pricing. Thanks for your help! Debi

I'll be honest, Snowtop has some awesome FOs and their prices are great for the quality you get. Fresh Linen is only $15.95 lb and that's not expensive, imho. But, if you are looking for something to compare to, try KY Country Clothesline (I love this scent) and maybe JS Orange Chiffon Cake :drool: or NG Hot Orange Danish or Orange Juice Cake :D

Thanks Angela, I dont think they are over priced at all, I think the quality is great, I am just looking for 25 pound qty and not sure I want to spend 300-400 dollars for it but I might have to. Debi

Oh, well that makes much more sense. I just thought that you were trying to find an oil as good as Snowtop's for under $15 lb, lol.

KY's Clothesline Fresh is really super. I haven't sniffed Snowtop's though, so I couldn't say that they are a match. But KY's is one of my top sellers. They have a price break for buying over 5lbs too.

JS has a Chestnuts & Brown Sugar that everyone raves over, as well as Caramel Sugar Crunch and Carmalized Pralines. Those might be worth trying too :D

I got a votive in a swap on this board from Trish - it was Orange Chiffon Cake and it smelled fabulous and the throw was outstanding. You may want to ask her what supplier she uses. It may be JS, but I can't remember. Peak has an amazing Frosted Carrot Cake, but it's definitely not an orange chiffon. Good luck with the FO hunting :)

I am putting in an order now with Candlescience and I noticed that they just got in a Caramalized Pralines FO. It might be close to the Caramel Nut Cluster you are looking for and CS has a price break for larger orders. I have tried quite a few of their FOs and have been impressed with them. HTH :)

If you're going to check KY for the Clothesline Fresh, you might as well try their Caramel Pecan Pie and Orange Chiffon Cake. The CPP is always one of my most popular scents and the OCC is absolutely heavenly! And, like others said, they do give a quantity discount for 5-pound quantities, so if you call and ask they may go even lower for 25-pound quantities.

Wouldn't hurt to ask if the samples give you the right scent. Vickey is great to work with. Actually, have you called Snowtop and asked if they would give a price break for the quantities? They might, too--you never know until you ask!

HTH,

Jane

Thank you Jane for the reply. I just looked at ky and their 5# price looks better. I just emailed Vicky about 25#'s. If no price break on 25# with her at least the oil is approx. $3.00 a pound less. Debi