Candles In Tin Cans

I made my lemongrass & citronella candles in old vegi cans. I have a Pamper Chef can opener that leaves a smooth edge when the can is open. I save the lid for when the candle isn't in use I can cover it. To help prevent any damage the hot can might cause, I trimmed a piece of cork and glued it to the bottom of each can. The cork was from a old message board I had laying around.

Braveheart, I have the same can opener. I may try this for my own personal use. This is a very cute look!! I guess the only thing I am worried about is how hot the can will get during burning, especially when the candle is burned halfway down or more. I can just see me trying to pick the candle up to move it and the can being so hot I drop it! That would be my luck!!!

The candles were made out of J223 wax & I used a CD14 wick.

But I'm new to making candles & this was one of my first attempts. I never did any testing on which wick was the best. To be honest I didn't even weigh up my FO. At the time I was measuring by fluid ounces. That's untill I found out my mistake. :o