first try at a bundt cake

dixiegal

thanks for the kind words, its just not what I was going for. I wanted the cake to not look so 1 colored if you know what I mean. more natural is what I was hoping for. the icing I waited and let it get a bit too slushy I think because it was hard to pour smoothly. It was fun to make though so Ill enjoy trying again:yay:

You did a good job - looks good. Now, I'm curious about the wicking...I see in the pics (in the other thread) where the wicks are placed but I'm wondering how big the melt pool will be and if the center will be consumed. (If that makes sense)

You did a good job - looks good. Now, I'm curious about the wicking...I see in the pics (in the other thread) where the wicks are placed but I'm wondering how big the melt pool will be and if the center will be consumed. (If that makes sense)

When I decided to try these I didnt plan on burning it, but now Im curious too. Looking at the cake candle site it looks like they have them close enough to the center to keep it from dripping to the outside and since they only give it a 90 hr burn I guess just the icing in the center melts. It Hubbys going to have to help me make wick holes because my hands are not steady enough. I use heated knitting needles. Maybe he will have time tonight.