Using Aloe Juice w/ lye

maryann

Are there any benefits to using Aloe Juice instead of water in the lye mixture? Does the Aloe lose anything when mixed w/ the lye due to the heat that's produced?

Also is there any special things I need to do to the Aloe Juice before adding the lye to it? Its Fruit of the Earth Brand from Walmart~ it says 100% no additives and to use up w/in a week of opening, will this also effect the soap or spoil in it after a few months? I'm thinking DOS. TIA :)

I've used aloe, at 100% and down to 5% in place of water.. I prefer the 50%, more than that the soap feels slimy..

I just looked at a bar that is about a year old, and no signs of DOS, but the EO blend I made sure does stink! LOL!

When you've pulled out the juice you're gonna use, toss the rest in ice cube trays. Then put in ziplocks to take out as you need!

The brand you use is the same brand I use..

No pesticides. These plants just grow and grow. My sister and I both have so many that we've been giving them away to anyone who will take them. We usually just cut off a part o a "leaf" and use the juice for burns, etc.

Thats what we did too when I had my potted aloe plant. Now, it's dead, as the cat likes sitting in that pot. I never had to use anything on it for bugs, but maybe I should put something on it for cats! (you would think the spines would be enough to make the cat not sit on it..lol)