What do you think?

I'm working on ideas for my next show and need your opinions. I wanted to offer some kind of incentive or something to get my 2006 vendors to participate in 2007 (which will be more expensive because of the place). I was thinking of "Raffling" a space for the 2007 show. It would be just like a traditional raffle, you purchase a "chance" for $1 each, etc. So a person might get a space for $2 instead of $100. What do you all think?

Well I wouldn't enter, but I hate raffles anyway. A vendor is going to want better chances. Of course the winner would be happy, but the others won't. Someone always grumbles it was rigged yadda, yadda, yadda.

Can you offer them say a discount of some kind if they sign up and pay right then for the next show? It doesn't have to be a large discount. Or guarantee them the same kind of space at the next show etc. if they sign up righ then. If you jury, wave the jury requirements or something. (We love our juried shows, but we loved not having to resubmit when we had the opportunity so we took it.)

I think Scented is one to something with that....I'd explain why your doing the cost increase (new location) and especially if there are benefits with the new location (more people, etc) then offer them a discount on the spot say 10% and another discount in xx months of 5% (but make this before the general submission of applications is due!!!) That way they have first dibs on entrance into the show...i like the waving jury rights as well...especially if you want them to return!

or you could allow them to pick their spots....or waive and extra fees like electricity, guest passes, etc

A show i do, has a best of show contest. Who ever has the most appealing booth, gets a free booth next year. Every year we try to compete, still trying for it, then again the booth is worth $1000 so we try pretty hard, and so does everyone else.

I'm with scented. The only happy camper is going to be the one that wins. If I didn't win that doesn't mean I wouldn't do the show but the only person benefiting is the winner. I'd love a discount and all the others would too. If this show went well I'd pay on the spot but if I didn't make any or much money I'd sure have to think about paying on the spot.

Janet

Instead of a raffle, I would offer an early bird discount (and maybe even a free candle) for those who sign up at the end of the 2006 show for the 2007 event. I would also list the benefits of the new venue, so that they can see that paying the higher fee would actually be advantageous for them. It is better to list the benefits of the new place than to apologize for the new higher price. During the 2006 show, you could pass out flyers where the top half lists the benefits while the bottom half is the registration form.