Greenleaf 70/30 Wax

There is someone selling this VERY cheaply on the classified.

I'm curious as to everyone's opinions on this wax. Anyone who has sampled it, please let me know your thoughts on this wax.

I want to order a sample but am hesitant to order an entire case of it, but at the same time don't want to miss out on an opportunity at this price, assuming it's a good wax.

I have been using this wax and I really like it and am going to use it. I have only tried 2 other waxes though so I am probably not the best opinion. It is a lot easier to work with then the other 2 I tried. Probably the best customer service your gonna get - Brenda is great.

I am pretty new to this and Brenda has helped me out a lot.

The way I look at it is if you find out you don't like it, I am sure you will have no problem selling it.

Try out her message board - lots of info there.

http://www.greenleafcandlesupply.com/invboard/

I just poured my first sample of it yesterday....Slaker! So far I am pleased with the appearance of it and it colored nicely. I don't normally color my candles but since it has paraffin in it thought I would see how it looked. Cold throw is great, probably wait a few more days to burn.

How is the burn with this wax, is it hard to wick? I got 4-4oz testers in the hex squat jars. I'll probably start with the LX wicks and see how they fair in it.

I love this wax. I use it exclusively for my containers. I've had no problems wicking, but all my jars are straight sided, so it's a bit simpler. I use LX wicks as well, and they work great IMO.

It has the soy type burn to it. It burns down first, and then the meltpool spreads outward. And after burning, the tops are still smooth! It doesn't turn lumpy and cauliflower looking like pure soy or soy/veg blends.

Sorry to hoard the thread but really didn't want to start a new one. I came home today to wick a tester and to my surprise all my testers are seeping oil out the top? I only used 6% FO so this is a bit of a concern for me :shocked2: I didn't have the air on today so I know it got pretty hot in here. Is this common with this wax? I've witnessed it before with regular soy but at a lot higher fragrance load.

I got the free 1lb sample and loved it, so I ordered a case to play aroung with. I love it. It is so easy to work with, and the hot and cold throw are awesome. I haven't had any problems with oil seeping out, maybe you could post on GL's board, they are very helpful about anything on that board.

Thank You, I did a search and found a bit about it. They are fine this morning, it must have got really hot in my house yesterday. We are not home during the day so I don't usually run the air. I burned 2 of them last night and both had a nice HT :yay: When I get a chance this evening, I'll swing by GL.