In The Middle! (Tree) Scroll down for cut pics.

Brenda

I'm in the middle of a layered batch using rice bran oil for the first time (it's a big thumbs up so far) and I poured the in-the-pot swirl into the mold that will be covered up by a plain soft aqua top layer. I'm mourning the fact that it's in the middle....:cry2:

in_the_middle.jpg

Doomed to obscurity, I just had to let it see the light of day once! :grin2: Natural color base swirled with antique copper mica and soft aqua mica. I'll post a pic of the finished soap on this same thread when the top layer is on and the bars are cut.

Scented with a dupe of Tree (B&BW). My kind of scent - a resinous woodsy scent mixed with just enough vanilla. It'll probably discolor the soap, but if it keeps its scent I don't think I'll care! See you all this weekend with the finished bars. :)

Here are the bars waiting to be trimmed:

tree.jpg

My kitchen smells like a fragrant conifer forest with vanilla incense wafting through. Mmmm....definately one for Christmas. I wish I had a little pine cone stamp. I'm waiting to see if the bars darken - I'm not sure just how much vanilla is in the FO. The rice bran oil soaps like a dream and I got a good amount of bubbles while washing off the cutter bar. :smiley2:

Thanks for checking it out!

Thanks, ladies, for your nice comments. The layers don't have as much definition as I'd like - time to write a note on my recipe for the next time!

The RBO does soap like a dream. You can get a very good deal Here .

Thanks for the head's up! That IS a great deal! :yay:

The RBO does soap like a dream. You can get a very good deal Here .

When I first used RBO I didn't care for it but now that I have been using it a while I am kinda likin' it more and more. Will not give up my OO though. Thank for the link will have to check it out as well. Didn't mean to hijack your post:tiptoe:

The cool thing about it being in the middle is that when the person who uses it gets to that part it will be a wonderful surprise for them:yay:

I will have to call and get a quote on that rbo from that site. I dont like the way it wants your credit card number first before telling you what the total is for shipping.