Astorlite J225

Just spoke with Kim from IGI and they are still going to carry the J225. She mentioned the official takeover isn't until October 3rd. She wasn't for sure what warehouse was going to distribute the wax yet (whatever significance that is).

Well, while typing this Gary from tech support (IGI) also called me back. He said he hadn't heard anything about the wax not being available. I read him the email that MommaD posted and he was like "who sent her that!". He is going to check with his sup and give me ring back.

Things may be looking good again. I might be able to pull that presto pot of J225 back out. :yay:

Just spoke with Kim from IGI and they are still going to carry the J225. She mentioned the official takeover isn't until October 3rd. She wasn't for sure what warehouse was going to distribute the wax yet (whatever significance that is).

Well, while typing this Gary from tech support (IGI) also called me back. He said he hadn't heard anything about the wax not being available. I read him the email that MommaD posted and he was like "who sent her that!". He is going to check with his sup and give me ring back.

Things may be looking good again. I might be able to pull that presto pot of J225 back out. :yay:

Hey, cool, let me know what you find out, I still have the email, I can forward it to him, or give him the name, or whatever. Thank you so much!!!!

This is the email I got from Kimberly from IGI when I requested a sample. I'm bummed because I already have the 4630.

Thank you for your interest in IGI wax products. I would suggest that

you contact our distributor Melody Productions at 206-706-XXXX. They

are not currently stocking the J225 but do have a product that is

comparable and would be happy to send you a sample. The product is IGI

4630 and we are receiving very positive responses from customers

currently using this.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kim

Well, I got my huge 11 pound sample of J225 and have poured some. I think this has got to be the softest wax I have ever seen (usually use 4786 for containers)! I actually bent the slab of wax in half with my bare hands.

The wax colors fairly well, but the color is much creamier than with the 4786. Not bad, just more pastel than bold. It has an awesome cold scent throw. Did a very small 3 oz. multisided jar with a 44-24-18Z. I used one lb wax, 1/4 red raspberry red dye chip and 1 oz. Pink type FO from willow woods.

I will burn this tomorrow and let you know how it burns and the hot throw. So far this wax sounds like j223 to me (what ive heard anyway), but will see about wet spots tomorrow also.

I still cant believe they sent me an entire 11 pound slab!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

I got an 11 lb slab of J225 about 2 weeks ago. Just got around to trying it this weekend. I agree that the colors aren't as bright and it does have a creamy look to it, more so that the J223 I think.

Started test burning on Monday. I used the same wicks as I would in the J223 and at first I thought that it was going to have to be wicked up, but it seems to have caught up now. I have burned my 6 and 8 oz jars for 15 hours so far. Haven't noticed any wet spots yet. But it is still early.

Lynda

I just got a case of J223 and it has an awesome cold and hot throw but it sinks some on me I don't have to do a overpour but hate using the heatgun as it isn't just a zap with it like with the J50 I have to really blast it with the heatgun. Has anyone else had this problem? Didn't mean to hijack this thread but thought I'd ask since the J223 was mentioned on here. TIA

There is a bad batch of J223 out there....watch for holes too. I got a case of the bad batch, it burns fine and dandy but is a pain with the sinkholes while setting up.

Let me say that again; the only difference is the sinkholes when setting up. Everything else with this batch is perfect. But where I could do a one pour before I'm having to heat gun to get rid of the holes now.

Actually, only 1/2 my case was the bad batch. I'm into the second 1/2 now and everything is back to normal. Go figure.

Whoops..forgot to add about J225. I hope IGI bought the formula along with the company. LMAO. I'm sitting on pins and needles to see if they are going to start to phase out Astrolite's products and try to replace them with their own.

Finally dug into my sample of the J225. So far, so good! Interesting note though...I poured one tester into a "cold" jar and the other into a "warm" jar. The wax adhered immediately to the cold jar, and so far it's the most "perfect" candle I've ever seen! The warm jar has jump lines. ( I like the fact that I don't have to warm the jars as I do with the J223)! So far, no wet spots on either of them.

I also poured two jars using the J223...same conditions, same scent, dye amt., etc., and the difference in the looks of the two sets is pretty obvious. Wet spots galore on the 223.

My nose isn't the best anymore, but I don't notice a difference in the cold throw between the two waxes. My daughter, who has a much better nose than I do, is going to test the hot throw and the burn for me.

If the hot throw is as good as the rest of the candle is so far, then I think I've found a winner!