Cleaning My Measuring Cup

ladysj

Okay sorry for all the questions and posting today lol but since I'm unemployed at the moment I'm making candles coming and going. What is the best way to get the gel out of my pyrex measuring cup? Would goo gone work on this?

Never had to try goo gone! I just let them sit until the gel is cold & then I peel it out, comes right out. For containers that I've tested in, I dig out what I can with my fingers, fill up with water & let sit, wipe out with paper towel & then wash with really hot, soapy water. Hope this helps some.

I use the same process as CathyinMe. Never have any problem with glass. A good friend gave me a set of glass pots and I've started using them for my gel melting cause cleanup is so much easier. I have a presto for larger batches, but the glass pots are so nice to use. Sometimes you can find a stray or two at the Salvation Army store.

You can also use cleaners which emulsify the oil of the gel...such as Dawn, Joy or there is a environmentally friendly product called Basic H (Shaklee). It works great. I use it to clean all of my containers...glass and metal.

HTH