trying to understand water discount

dixiegal

I use soapcalc and after making several batches that are not getting hard even after a month ( they are not mushy, just soft enough to push in with finger a bit) I wanted to try discounting. if I change the water percent 38% to like 33% will that work? Im just having a time understanding how you figure it.

Im going to try it this weekend,my soap just doesnt seem to last long enough, too much water I guess. one more question if you dont mind,lol can you still do op with the discount?

I dunno. So a wild guess would think yes, why couldn't you? (Now that should get some of the veterans to respond to your question lol. I only CP cuz no one else wants to teach me another P ;) -- and admittably I don't have the patience to learn just yet.)

When you ask if you can stil "OP" are you meaning CPOP? If so, the answer is yes. You can still discount water and put your batch in the oven to force gel. I hope this answers your questions.

Now, a question for Miss Julie......what P are your referring to girlie?

When you ask if you can stil "OP" are you meaning CPOP? If so, the answer is yes. You can still discount water and put your batch in the oven to force gel. I hope this answers your questions.

Now, a question for Miss Julie......what P are your referring to girlie?

No particular P just another P other than CP, but seriously, let's not rush into that.

A water discounted batch tends to heat up/gel quicker because there's less water to disperse the heat. However, some batches don't feel like heating up quickly regardless and I've had no probs CPOP with a moderate discount. Of course I like to live dangersouly sometimes and do 24-28% water when I'm not getting too fancy and I know how the FO will act ;)

Good luck!