HELP!!! Marbled Containers are Bleeding

I was going thru my inventory this past week and discovered that a group of marbled containers are "bleeding"....no oil seepage but the color has gone from "veins" to "blobs"....they have been in the basement closet...(cool, dark) is there a way to prevent this??? Has anyone else have this happen. I use J223 and mostly Peaks oils...also a tad bit of UV inhibitor......any suggestions????

crystal

I was going thru my inventory this past week and discovered that a group of marbled containers are "bleeding"....no oil seepage but the color has gone from "veins" to "blobs"....they have been in the basement closet...(cool, dark) is there a way to prevent this??? Has anyone else have this happen. I use J223 and mostly Peaks oils...also a tad bit of UV inhibitor......any suggestions????

crystal

I haven't tried to make such a candle myself but it doesn't strike me as a big surprise if your dye is migrating. After all, J-223 is a soft and oily wax. I'd think you'd want to use a less gunky wax for marbled containers.

if the color can run i am wondering about the scent.if it will all run to the bottem. i have tried the j223 wax but have not done it for very long .i have not had any set for a long time.has any one had trouble with the scent in this wax after it sets.

i haven't had any problems with losing scent or scent gravitating toward the bottom and i have candles from the very first "large" batch i made (after i got my wicking down and other tests passed as well).....i have sort of an ongoing experiment every once in a while i will pull one out and burn and make comments on things like appearance, cold throw, hot throw, burn, etc just to see if time effects such things........that first batch is going on 3 years now!

I have some containers that were made over a year ago (with J223) and haven't had any problems with scent or color separation. Some are marbled, and some have color swirls in them. I usually use 1 oz. of scent/lb. Just a thought- you might be adding too much scent. The scent oil could be dissolving the color causing it to migrate. Maybe one of the experts can help.