Waterproof Labels or not???

ruba

Hi guys and gals! My name is Rachel, I am a 31 year old mom of two (DD 6 yo and DS 22 mos.) a SAHM and a student (hopefully get into the nursing program in a couple years).

I am a total newbie here and have basically been a lurker since I came here. I just want to say THANK YOU!!! to all of you for the great info that you share here. I am still trying to learn as much as I can. I just started a small B&B business out of my house and am fairly new to it all...business and B&B...I dable in all sorts of crafts and hobbies and have done scrubs and M&P in the past, but am REALLY getting hooked to this stuff. I currently have a sugar and salt body scrub and lotion (I use WSP Head to Toe Lotion base and scent it).

SO for my first offical question...

Do you gals (and guys) use waterproof labels for your lotions bottles?? I have been using a 4 oz Malibu tube bottle from WSP and putting a 2x4 waterproof white label on it (from onlinelabels.com), but I feel it is too big. I was also looking at the clear labels for the lotions.

I am just not happy with the size and look of the 2x4's and think that a 3x2 (or close to that) would look better.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW...here is my logo. I hope I attach it ok...sorry if it is huge...I have a screamin' baby and don't have time to resize it.

TIA!!

Rachel

rubascrub-checkborder.jpg

Thanks Carrie! I will have to see what I can do about taking the drips off. I drew, scanned, printed the name on it, and then my friend put the checkered border on it for me. I don't have the type of program she has to do al the fun graphic things (not even sure what it is) all I have is Print Master and I didn't see anything like a paint brush or eraser to erase it. Maybe I can do it in Kodak...hmmm, I will see what I can do. I never even thought of it that way. But, all the business cards are printed that way so hopefully no one will see it since it is a smaller version. LOL:D

Thank you again!!

Hugs,

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Welcome! A 6 and (almost) 2 y.o., they must keep you hopping! I'm a WAHM too and fellow B&B addict. Haven't been here all that long myself, but I enjoy the forum so much. I hope that you will too and that you'll get lots of help with your questions. There are many good folks here.

After reading Carrie's impression, I could see how, if your eye is drawn down to those two drops, someone could possibly think that. But I have to say that nothing like that came to mind for me when I saw the label. I just thought, "oh wow, how cute!" The hand drawn nature of the pic lends itself to not needing to be super duper realistic (IMHO). It's an adorable logo. You've done a great job.

As for label size, I'd say go with your gut. If you think the label is too large, then it probably is. As for waterproof or not, my opinion is that anything that goes in/near the tub or sink should get a waterproof label (or some sort of waterproof ink or overspray, there are many ways to waterproof). the Customer reviews I've seen show that smeared labels are a common complaint among those who buy etail/craft show.

Hope this helps. Talk to you again soon!

I use this size on my mailbu tubes as well..and just but a bit off the top and bottom so it is perfectly rectangle instead of with rounded corners..plus it fits better.:D

I would say waterproof even if it is a lotion..cause ya know it is gonna go in the bathroom.

Thanks ladies for all your input. I was thinking on the same lines...waterproof is the best... just wondering what everyone else does too. I think I am going to use the VCR tape front label size...basically 2x3 -a few decimal points! And I requested a sample of that size and clear from onlinelabels.com. The best part was I requested them right online, I didn't have to cal them.

coloresse- Thanks for the compliments on my work. I LOVE to draw stick people (I wish I was as good at it as that co. "Me and My Big Ideas" for scrapbooking)... but I will settle for being just as good as me. Some people can't even draw that. LOL

jwahlton- I have seen your munkey around on the posts I have checked out...LOVE it! ...very clever spelling.

pamperme- I have thought about cutting the labels...but I am trying to save time anywhere I can...KWIM?? But I will remember it incase I don't like the size I am thinking of trying. BTW...I like your name:yay: and your co name is cute too!!

Thanks again Gals. I hope someday I can be of help to others also.

Hugs,

Rachel

You can scan the picture into your computer, get a free download of photoshop and erase that part out of the label with the eraser or with white "paint". I think you might be able to do it in Paint to that is usually found in most PCs.

If you are having problems, let me know, I can do it for you on my PC and send it to you.

I just got my clear label sample and I can't wait to try them out...after I help DH unpack from our trip home to San Diego.

thecandlespastore- YOU ROCK!! Thank you so much. I went out of town over the weekend and came back to this post with an edited logo!! :bliss: Thank you, thank you thank you. I will have to get this one on the new stuff. The business cards will have to have the "dreded pee drops" on them...oh well, I can live with that.

carolgant-thank you for the advice too.

I appreciate all the helpful advice and help in general.

Hugs, Rachel