Christmas in July Soap ~ Doing Co-op for paper

maryann

August 28th ~I'm bringing this thread up again because I'm doing a co-op for the paper (if enough interest). I've already received pm's asking what the water soluble paper is. This thread should answer that question towards the bottom, I gave directions on how to make to soap. :smiley2:

I've done a few Fall and Christmas scented CP soaps to get ready for the holidays as I'm always behind! BUT.... I have a customer who wants greeting card type soaps... she's coming down from TN to FL to visit her mother so she wants them now. I worked on these yesterday to give her some ideas of what they could look like. The bottom is CP scented Spearmint and the clear is M&P unscented.

[ATTACH]7361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7362[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458405338_thumb.jpg

post-119-13945840534_thumb.jpg

Those are just wonderful soaps!! Please tell me/us what you used for the pictures on those! Are they water decals? Are the snowflakes soaps too? If so, where did you get the mold for them!

I may have to place a order with you as those are just adorable soaps!!!

God bless,

Lynn

Its easy -HAHA :undecided Its taken some time to get these just right. I practiced alot w/ just M&P. The flakes are M&P embeds to give some diminsion. The graphics are printed on water soluble water. I keep wanting to do a co-op on the paper!

Last week I had some unscented CP left over from some embeds so I scented the remainer with spearmint and poured into snowflake molds. Then yesterday I "made" or more so added to the graphics (do they look familiar TB I bought them at pcCrafter). Printed them, cut and sprayed the CP soap (still in the mold) with rubbing alcohol. I then placed the graphic and embeds where I wanted them and after the clear M&P was cool enough I poured it.

I've learned not to pour too hot or it disinigrates the paper and makes the soap cloudy. Also not to scent the clear M&P or it discolors. Not to put it in the frig/freezer or the clear will cloud up. Let's see what else :undecided OH if doing all M&P try to have a thick layer of white as the graphic background if you use a layer of colored M&P as the color bleeds through layers. HTH :)

Its LOTS of fun and can be very customized for a specific person ~ the color, shape, scent, graphic, with a special saying or their name ~ the sky really is the limit with these soaps !!

Its a M&P mold I just received from NG. I actually thought I ordered small chocolate candy sized snowflakes and was surprised when I received it. I'm good at that... not reading things. I probably would have realized it was big if I would have seen 3 quantity for the cavity (I don't know maybe it didn't even say). It worked out!

I use these molds quite a bit now and have no problems with CP in them (knock on wood) that's what I used on those peppermint/menthol massage bars.

The graphic and/or text (which you can use anything) is printed on special water soluble paper. It comes as a regular 8 1/2x11 piece of paper and you can put it through the printer with no problems. Then cut out what you printed to fit the mold. Hope I answered your ??. If not ask again :).

I'll look into a co-op on the paper towards maybe the middle of August, after kids are settled into school. I have to search for the supplier I found to get in bulk (1000 sheets), I want to say it was around .35 a sheet (but don't quote me as it could have gone up due to gas prices, I found this quite a while ago).

Thanks.

So all you have to do is lay it in your mold and pour the soap over top of it? Does it ever get crinkled up or anything? Also, does it just gradually disintegrate as you use up your soap and dissolve into nothing? Or have you actually used the soap?

I've seen soaps advertised where the art doesn't "wash away." I've never tried any of it though.

I spray the soap surface w/ rubbing alcohol before I place the "art" on, that way it holds it in place plus the r.a. helps the next layer of soap to stick. I really saturate the layer so the graphic becomes totally wet, that way it blends into the soap. I've done it before where I didn't soak the graphic and you could tell it was an embed if some kind. When you look at those soaps its hard to tell how that graphic got in there. I know some feel that r.a. is drying but I haven't noticed a difference, that's MO.

The "art" does disintegrate when using the soap. It will remain till you reach the graphic and it will "melt" right away with the soap. If you never use the soap then it remains. I know that some use laminated graphics in the soap, maybe that's the forever art?!

Hope that makes sense!