Which double wicks work best in your apothecary jars using J-223?

I wanted to know which double wicks you think work best in APOTHECARY JARS - 4 INCHES IN DIAMETER using J-223 wax?

I have been using either 2 44-32-18z or 2 51-32-18 -- but I am still getting that awful mushroom and it seems to be burning too fast. I have also tried 44-32-18 cotton wicks and it seems to be a little better but not much.

I have LX 16 & 18, HTP 93 and CD 16 & 18. I was just wondering what you are using with these jars? I am looking for wicks that will produce a FMP in 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Haven't tried double wicking them yet, but may. I was wicking pretty large with singles in these jars with same wax and not happy with results. (too much smoke, etc) So, I cut some pure soy in with this wax at 50/50 and am still testing. (it sure has helped with the soot so far)

It may have been a fluke - I'm pouring more today - but I did pretty well with (2) RRD29.

As for your melt mool, are you looking for that on the first burn? In my experience, if you achieve that the jar gets pretty hot the more it burns. I'm much happier with a bit of hang up on the first couple of burns that I know will catch up on subsequent burns.

I am using the j223 with soy added. My results are wonderful. I have found that I can use the 44-32-18's , 44-36-18's and on the really heavy oils..

51-32-18's. Again.. this all depends on how much oil and what kind of dye you are using. I am using 26 and 16 ounce apothecary jars as well and I have very little soot if I keep the wicks trimmed.