reason for pouring cold on pure soy?

I was wondering if everyone is recommending pouring cold on the ky and ez pure soy because of the flakes it develops on the top, or does it develop other problems too, such as glass adhesion, etc.... I have poured hotter and have gotten the flakes, but it seems like I could market these as 'primative' then, what does everyone think?

IMO - I hate 100% soy because of frosting, ugly tops and having to wait to pour. I don't have time to wait for wax to cool to pour I need to get production done, no time to wait.

If you dont mind a blend you can add beeswax or container paraffin to 100% soy and you can pour hot. You will not get frosting or ugly tops with a blend as long as there is enough of another wax in the blend.

OK - I've been reading on the list and I have a question.... What constitutes a "cold pour" versus a "hot pour"? I pour when the bottom of my glass pot is very warm - not really hot but not starting to solidify yet either... so would that be a warm pour?? I'm just getting confused is all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Life & Light!

Tish

Generalizing - a hot pour means you can pour the wax at around 165F to ~ 175F and still have it set up perfectly - no sink holes, no frost, no bumpy tops or frost and none to no more than average wet spots. Cold pour (aka "slushy" pour) is what most usually do for most regular soys or soy/cottonseed type blends. Basically you do it more by looks than by temp. You want it too look like thick cough syrup with just a bit of "floaters" in it. (Usually I think this will happen around 100F - and if I remember right if you add BW to the mix about 115F - I could be off - it was a couple years since I did this). There's a pic of actually pouring it lumpy - but the site is down at the moment - when I get the link I'll post it - it gives pics so is pretty good to explain it.