Spoof Warning!

pamperme

Got one yesterday..from someone claiming to be Ebay..wanting me to update my info..it was addressed to customer not my name..I sent it to ebay and then responded that is WAS a spoof! Glad I did not click on anything..just deleted it.

so watch out for them.

I got a spoof from paypal claiming that I bought over $200 in books. It even had a button for payment dispute. Forwarded the email to paypal so they could take a look at it.

I almost hit the dispute button, but my paypal did not reflect the payment. So, I knew the claim was just someone phishing.

There was one of these going around a couple of years ago. It was actually a virus.

I've heard warnings of spoofs looking like they come from the IRS too. They say something about audits and ask you to update your information.

I always put my mouse over the links they provide in the spoof emails just to see the site that I would go to if I clicked it. Its always some crazy place, not <paypal.com> they always add to the addy with other junk before or after. I like to reply sometimes and put bad words in the password and user name section when it pops up. :D Bruce

I got a spoof from paypal claiming that I bought over $200 in books. It even had a button for payment dispute. Forwarded the email to paypal so they could take a look at it.

I almost hit the dispute button, but my paypal did not reflect the payment. So, I knew the claim was just someone phishing.

THANK YOU!! I JUST got one of these, $379 to Vulcan Tire, ship to Kelly J Harris in the US. Checked my account, no transaction record. Good thing you mentioned this, I may have clicked the link.