Making a soap mold

pamperme

..from wood..

what are the dimensions..I thought it was listed somewhere on the side on the left but I looked and did not find it?:undecided

Gonna get hubby to make me one..and he looked at me like I was nuts..so I figure if I get the dimensions and mark all the boards for him..he can just cut them and I will do the rest. :D

Actually, I'd get it made how you want it. Like someone just sold a double mold on another site and it looked like it was hinged together. Wouldn't that be cool to be able to fold it over and say you were able to remove something to turn it into a vertical mold. Or be able to take a single log and be able to use it as a vertical mold by removing a side.

AWSOME! Thank you so much... :D

He is gonna get on that this week..I made some Brown Sugar soap yesterday in my plastic molds from WSP..and those suckers are a bit softer so they were hard to get out of the mold.. I still do mp but I like the look of a loaf..and being able to cut them to the thickness I want.

Guest EMercier

I'm probably too late, but I made my own and for a loaf mold I got the pre-cut pieces at Lowes. I used a small hacksaw to cut it down or they can cut it for you and then I used wood glue and then I nailed it.

For my slab molds (which I love), I went to Home Depot and bought the boards that are like 2 X 2 and had them cut them in 4 cubes and then I took some 1 X 2's and cut them (but they can cut them) and just glued and then nailed them. They work great because I can stack them and wrap them.

Also you can make a collapsible mold easily. You get those really long screws and some washer, and bolts (or whatever they are called, they screw on the other side of the screw so the screw does not fall out. You can use any household drill, mark a spot on the two longest pieces of wood you will use, and then drill a hole big enough for the long screws to go into, one hole on each end. Then just hammer one long piece onto the base of the wood, and the other 3 pieces will stay together by putting the two short pieces in, and then putting the other long piece on and screwing them together using the two holes and the bolt (nut?) I am horrible at explaining things, more of a hands-on person, so sorry if I just totally confused you:p

Also you can make a collapsible mold easily. You get those really long screws and some washer, and bolts (or whatever they are called, they screw on the other side of the screw so the screw does not fall out. You can use any household drill, mark a spot on the two longest pieces of wood you will use, and then drill a hole big enough for the long screws to go into, one hole on each end. Then just hammer one long piece onto the base of the wood, and the other 3 pieces will stay together by putting the two short pieces in, and then putting the other long piece on and screwing them together using the two holes and the bolt (nut?) I am horrible at explaining things, more of a hands-on person, so sorry if I just totally confused you:p

Bravo, u didn't confuse me (and I'm usually running around in a confused state of mind)!