Texas candlemakers was so much fun

AnitaG

I had a wonderful time. Just got home. It was so much fum meeting & visiting with everyone on this board. I was a joy to meet all of you. My hat's go off to Bunny & Kimberly. Watching those two in action, making things & answering all our questions was fantastic. Hope everyone makes it home safe& sound.;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tired but it was worth it!! Brat and I got to my house about 4pm and her hubby picked her up. And yes, we had to stop back by the flea market. They sold my rain barrel but Brat got her bowling balls!:laugh2:

I will be sitting here doing something and then just freaking start laughing out loud thinking of something that happened this past weekend...I cannot remembering laughing that much in a loooooong time. :laugh2:

Oh my gawsh!!! I had so much fun and everyone was a blast. Everyone had a great time and the best part was watching Bunny and Kimberly make soap and butter. There are other things I can't mention b/c what happens in Lufkin stays in Lufkin. :D

I did get my bowling balls and I get two windows also. :D

We made it in around 5:00pm. Kerry got to sleep most of the way home and the nausea was pretty much gone. I feed her some oatmeal (at her request) and she really looked much better after she ate. I had a blast and yes, I agree, it was fabulous to meet everyone and a huge thank you to Bunny and Kimberly for their demo's and sharing!!!!!!

We made it home around 3. Oh you girls missed it...Bunny locked her keys in the Van....then after AAA came and unlocked it ...the damn thing wouldnt start. Luckily the guy hadnt left...lol

I am so glad I made the trip. I had so much fun with all of you girls and I cannot leave out my man Micheal! Micheal it was such a joy meeting you!

SCENTED.............you ok girlie? We will have a surprise for you later...LOL

Bunny, Smart Tart and I are still making stuff here. Bunny is going to teach me to do Rustics!!

It was a pleasure meeting all the "Grande Damz" of CandleTech....AMAZING group!

I was so impressed with the dedication to the art/science of what they do. I wasn't exactly sure WHAT I was seeing with all the lotions and potions...but there is no doubt THEY know what they are doing!

Lots of laughs...nice to meet everyone!! I appreciate being included in the "advanced" classes:highfive:

You ladies ROCK! I only wish I would have had the chance to party with you. Next year I am going to make time for more FUN.

I appreciate you all for attending the conference. It was such a pleasure meeting you and learning from you. Thanks for sharing ideas with everyone, and please please join us again next year.

J.T.

bottomdiv.gif

What a blast.... Bunny, Anita, and Vertically were outstanding and did great presentations! Kimberly won 1st place for her beautiful packaging of her kitchen soap - man what a beautiful presentation!! The company was outstanding and the real 'learning' went on in the hotel.....(and I learned stuff I never knew existed! :o) And who would have thought that Bunny would have been interested in learning about tuna and grape soap??

VE - hope your hernia is feeling better....and you make your 1st million on Bunny's generous donation!

TB - I must confess, we took all the poop home - been munching on them and they are great!

Kerry - didn't get a chance to say good-bye - hope you are feeling better. Never did find out how those emt's looked?? Pictures??

Anyhow, the week-end was great - getting the chance to meet everyone was so much fun - don't remember when I have laughed as hard or long!

Thanks y'all!

Debbie

Love ya,

Biff and Bruce

Oh crimony., I almost inhaled a piece of cantaloupe on that one. I should not read and eat at the same time!! I would have died...no one is here to give me the Heimlich.

Smart...my hernia is a bit better, but I still don't understand how I can come there with a whole bucket of stuff to give away, and end up with more than I started out with!!!

Smart...my hernia is a bit better, but I still don't understand how I can come there with a whole bucket of stuff to give away, and end up with more than I started out with!!!

Sounds like a thieving problems to me ;):laugh2: However, that tote should be good for building up your arm strength. Were you lucky enough to come away with the essential oil FO?

Were you lucky enough to come away with the essential oil FO?

Hmmmm...I don't know yet. To be quite honest, I did not even look in the rubbermaid tote yet. Staying up till 3:30 am and then getting up at 9am pooped me out. (Although my evening was not quite as "exciting" as yours!) I just went home and dumped everything in my candle room and vegged (Read: fell asleep sitting up!). I am not at home right now, so I will have to check out all I walked away with. All I know is that it is MUCH heavier putting it BACK in my car than it was when I unloaded it.

I cannot get over the amount of goodies I have!! Between the swap bag, the "speaking" gift, the goodie bag, the door prize and all of the stuff that you gals gave me, I am set! I won't have to buy soaps and potions for a year!

OHHHHH...and I got Scented's gift in the White Elephant exchange!!! Some BEAUTIFUL pillar candles, incense and...COOKIES!!!!!!!!!! (You are still not gettin em!) I am planning on lighting the pillars tonight, taking a bath with Kimberly's bath fizz, use Anita's shave soap, Kimberly's conditioner, one of the bazillion bars of soap I received from one of you lovely ladies, and finish it off with Colonel Sander's body cream when I get out. Then I might have a cookie...or ten.

I'm so bummed that I didn't get to join in all the fun and games. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Me? I got to stay home and build a fence.

:whoohoo:

Hopefully, next year I will be able to make it. No! Next year, I will absolutely make it!