Susan and Paul are getting married

A girl I work with asked me about doing candles for the head table at her reception with their initials in them. I've never attempted that before so I thought I should try it before either of us said yes. The P and V are a tad bit crooked, but overall I was pleased with my first attempt. These are 3" and 4-1/2". I think if she likes them, I will try the center one at 6" and the smaller ones at 4-1/2".

Any tips on keeping the letters straight?

post-210-139458404783_thumb.jpg

Got the pm Georgia so will answer you here so others can read this too. I melt a little sticky wax and with a paint brush put just a speck on the letter. Then stick it against the mold and you can see exactly where it is. I now do mine in acrylic so I can really see clearly. Then put in the chunks and it should be fine. When you unmold it, if there is a tiny bit of sticky wax, just scrape it off with a knife or hit it with a heat gun and use your finger to wipe it off. Sometimes if there really is a problem....I just level the front of the candle....I have saved a lot of candles that way. Hope this helps, Donita