Milk powders vs. liquid in cp?

KMommy

Has anyone made cp using milk powders such as coconut, goat... and separate batches using the actual milk to compare? If so, have you noticed any difference?

We're doing a comparison swap just on this on the dish. Each of us made the same recipe using different milks as 100% of the liquid. We still have a couple of weeks before this is over but if you're a member there you can check on the results.

I happen to LOVE coconut milk, but don't do 100%. I did for this swap but it freaked me out so much I probably won't do it again. The lye/liquid was very thick and chunky and when I cut it, it was green (the swap is no colors) and stunk like tuna :laugh2: It's cured into a nice bar though

Very interesting! I however, never add my liquid coconut milk to the lye. I always add it to the oils only, and while it's not supposed to mix, it does. As a matter of fact that's how I soap...everything goes into one pot and gets stick blended very well. Then there's the lye and when the two cool off and are pretty much the same temp it gets mixed. I don't believe that adding anything at trace makes any difference, but that's just my two cents worth!