My First CPHP and The Turkey Baster Experiment

:DIt sure looks better than it did last night! I'm not so nervous about it anymore. The other picture is my first attempt at swirling with a turkey baster. The swirls didn't quite make it all the way through because I played too long with the bottoms. soooo the bottoms were swirled and the tops only...it's ok with me even if it looks like cheesecake:cheesy2:

We will need a detailed turkorial please, because other methods leave out tops happy and the bottoms too plain!

Share please!

Edited to add: Gorgeous turkey-b swirls, really gorgeous!

Turkorial? hmm I think I like that word:laugh2: Ok, so far that was my first attempt and so I can only suggest that you use a slow tracing recipe so you will have time to play. But everybody knows that already:D so all you do is mix your color(s) and suck up the colored soap with the baster and swirl the bottoms of you mold, then pour your main soap batch over that. Again, I played too long so I ran out of time and only got my tops done but if you don't do as I did you should be able to layer and swirl or continue to swirl while it's in the mold. BTW my bottoms didn't look very much like the tops, the swirls were fatter but they were ok. I started everything while my soap was at a light trace. I will play with this a little more in my next batch. I'm waiting for more colors right now..monday is too far away:drool:

Thanks and hope you have fun with it..imagine two turkey baster swirling...;)

well there goes another kitchen tool lost to my soapin' world.

I love those swirls....

Now, was there uncolored soap first...then you squirt the colored in? Or did you swirl the colored on the bottom & pour uncolored soaop on top. Hmmmm....

I colored a portion of the soap with cocoa powder and then I squirt swirled it in the bottom of the mold. Next I poured the remainder of the(uncolored) soap in the mold and squirt swirled with the colored soap. That's all there is to it. I began mixing my color at a light/medium trace and the recipe was a slow tracing one. It helps to have some playtime and room for alien interferences:D

1. At light to medium trace, separate a portion of the soap and color it.

2. draw some up in the turkey baster and squirt swirl in bottom of mold

3. pour remainder of (uncolored) soap in the mold. Still using the colored soap, squirt swirl with baster- squirt gently while you swirl.

Coloring the main batch is optional. I did not color mine with this batch.

Yep that's it just put it in as deep or shallow as you want...um this is starting to sound a bit weird lol but i guess it just depends on where you want the swirls. Again, I have more experimenting sooo how about we try it together and keep everybody posted...I will probably do another experiment today cause I can barely wait for my dye to get here and all of my dye seems to turn some shade of pink or green..:rolleyes2 plus I want to do more cphp..I don't know if the turkey baster will work with hp maybe somebody will try it and let us know, I only have one hp under my belt.

I ordered the 2-oz assortment from Tradewinds on the night of the 6th and it arrived yesterday! I'm too excited!

Unfortunately my house if already FULL of soap experiments. I actually tossed my first batch when I realized it was ugly AND I didn't like the scent at ALL.