Would appreciate help with a name....

I am trying to come up with a name for my candle/b&b store. I totally stink at this kind of thing and after several weeks of coming up with nada, I come to you for help. I would like something relatively simple, not pretentious.... I live in rural Minnesota on a 40 acre hobby farm. I am trying to cater to the area that I live, wanting to sell locally with an online presence as a supplement. I use a soy blend wax....I don't know what else to tell you. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Lauren

A hobby farm is where you have some of the work of a real working farm but don't do it full time. My DH owns a siding company and I work full time, we have sheep, hogs and chickens, along with a large garden, but we don't have crops and we don't have cattle or milk cows. It's like we have a small "hobby" set up. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a barn or any type of structure on your hobby farm? Get inspiration from the structures you may have on your hobby farm... Maybe just do, Hobby Farm Candle Co. or Soy Barn Candle Co. or Hobby Candle Farm Co., or Annie's Hobby Farm Candles. Just a thought...

Good luck.

I like "40 Acre Farm". Makes you sound small and personable. Not like some of these huge farms that are like 500 bazillion acres and 1000 head! I shake my head everytime I drive by one... I grew up in rural Minnesota myself and I remember days on my grandfather's farm. :) Maybe you could incorporate a photo (or drawing) of a landmark on your farm in your logo. My grandfather had a HUGE tree out on the side of the service road that also had a huge pile of rocks next to it. Nothing but corn, this road, and that tree. It was really kinda cool actually, especially when the sun was setting... OK - enough babbling... LOL :)

Good luck!

Life & light!

Tish

play off the farm name, with 40 ac of land there has to be a special place or thing about it, do you have a creek running through it? is there a tree on the land you love? or any land mark. ex: our home is lodge style, with have 2 HUGE pines in the back yard... Pine Lodge Candle Co. I also use a pic of our home turned to drawing on our labels.

never heard of that, but thanks for the link! WOW! I did come up with a name ... North Country Esscentuals. Beckie at Bizzy B's did a GREAT logo for me. Thank you for all the suggestions! :)

Congrats on your new name! Youll have to let us see the finished products