PA Candle and Soapmaking Conference - See #20 if anyone wants to volunteer for demos

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I'm in the process of trying to put together a conference, since I cannot find anything in PA or the area on the web. Seems like everything happens in the midwest or south. This would not be until Spring of next year.

I'm looking for suggestions (especially from those that have attended) on what types of seminars to have as well as something new. It would only be a one day thing with the option to come the night before and stay.

Thanks guys!

I am right over the bridge!!!! Count me in for 2 tickets please. I want some MARKETING info and of course some wicking info and business info like how to expand my business and new ideas to sell through the summer.

Guest EMercier

Well, it would not be in the city, because it would be too expensive. Unless I can get a decent price. I'll check. It would more likely be held in Valley Forge, which is right across from the King of Prussia Mall, the largest on the east coast! It's not that far from the city.

I plan on having Marketing, Financing, CP Soaping, B & B, Candles and more. I plan on writing down all these suggestions and put it together.

Edited to add: Hopefully this can be somewhere between April and June of next year. This gives me time to get stuff together and people get their monies together!

Love Valley Forge... Beautiful area.. :cool2:

The Valley Forge Park is there and it is beautiful...

Lots of stuff to do in the area. Great shopping, restaurants,

Dave and Busters club is close too..(Penns Landing area) Lots of Fun!!

So if anyone needs a mini Vacation.... Take a few extra days!!

EMercier...What a wonderful idea!! I know I will definitely be attending the confrence and I think I will take a few extra days to visit the area!!

THANKS for getting it together!!!!!! :bliss: :bliss:

Guest EMercier

The valley Forge conventino center has two hotels right there. One is connected and the other in like right across the parking lot. I'm leaning more twords May not the same weekend as Mother's Day as most here are mothers. I registered the domain name for the site and have sent correspondence to over 20 companies to see if they will sponsor or donate items. I also plan on having a garage sale, contests, swaps, and more. I hope it all comes together. It's also not that far off the major highways.

I do happen to know that Erie is far because my cousin went to Gannon Univ for undergrad and let's just say no one visited him and he barely came home!

The valley Forge conventino center has two hotels right there. One is connected and the other in likt right across the parking lot. I'm leaning more twords May not the same weekend as Mother's Day as most here are mothers. I registered the domain name for the site and have sent correspondence to over 20 companies to see if they will sponsor or donate items. I also plan on having a garage sale, contests, swaps, and more. I hope it all comes together. It's also that that far off the major highways.

I do happen to know that Erie is far because my cousin went to Gannon Univ for undergrad and let's just say no one visited him and he barely came home!

All hell girl...you are doing the dayum thing....I will have to schedule time off for this!!

Hmmm, I'm curious. How are you going to decide what to do. I was looking up candle conventions and I was actually overwhelmed at all the classes they had to offer. I saw where one had a packaging speaker, which is pretty neat. One also had how to make the most out of your displays, marketing and networking classes, rustic, layers, whipped wax, hand carved candles, etc...and I haven't even begun talking about the soap making classes.

I give props up to you on deciding to do one in PA even though I'm 5-6 hours away. But hopefully I'll be able to come. It would be my first.

Mindy :)