Black African Soap

angied

Ok, I got some of this from my secret buddy today:D and now I want to know how everyone uses it? Do you melt it down and mold it.....scent it....make liquid soap out of it......or just use it as is. I seen where you can use it in a scrub, has anyone tried that? I am going to be soooo busy tomorrow, I also got my m/p soap from the swap and got some slsa and cream of tarter.....now just deciding what to do first;)

Angie

What I do is take a little bit, pop it into a large container, and then nuke it into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Definitely use a large container because it will volcano on you and be all over the microwave in seconds. Then I put it in the container I want to keep it in, add a few drops of water into it and stir. It will be a thick ooey gooey blob, and I just scoop a bit out and smear it into my loofah when I bathe. I have used African black soap my whole life.

Really neat sounding. So you could put it into a jar and leave it like that? Does it stay soft if you keep a lid on it? Would you need a preservative if you wanted to sell it like that?

What's it like to use? Another thing I need to know more about! Especially cause we are a dry-skin, eczema sort of family!

Really neat sounding. So you could put it into a jar and leave it like that? Does it stay soft if you keep a lid on it? Would you need a preservative if you wanted to sell it like that?

What's it like to use? Another thing I need to know more about! Especially cause we are a dry-skin, eczema sort of family!

There is no other soap like it really. It stays soft even with the jar off, even DH loves the stuff. I have his scented with Burberry Brit, and the fragrance holds with just a few drops. I market and sell it with or without fragrance. My clients love it! Also, its soap so it really does not need a preservative. I get it in huge round blocks and just hammer what I need off when I need it.

This is what my block looks like:

black2kc.jpg

For myself I use small chunks at a time of it plain as a facial soap (it's AWESOME for acne!) I plan on mixing it in with my complexion soap for my next batch, im just going to crumble it and mix it in at trace.