Wax question

I was looking at Just Scent site for FO's and ran across the sale on wax and shipping. Does anyone use the container wax JS123 single pour? I am now using J-50, but I would change if its better or just as good. I'm alsmost out of my J-50, so any input would be appreciated. I don't get any complaints on using the J50, customers all like the burn and scent throw, but what do you think? Thanks...Dee PS I want to try some of the scents from JS while sale is going on.

I've never tried that particular wax but I use the JS 50/50 which I like very much. Becky is a great supplier who is always willing to go the extra mile to help troubleshoot problems.

Yeah, you might want to try the 50/50 too. I've been testing this one fairly extensively and it's really nice. It wicks like a paraffin, which is nice and makes it easy to work with. It also has a great throw with the FOs I've tested and the candles turn out very pretty. :)

I went from J223 to JS123 to her 50/50 votive & container blends and I've stayed with that for about 1-1/2 years now. Great scent throw, makes a beautiful votive and container candle. Very creamy. I liked the JS123 1,000 times better than the J223 but was looking for a soy blend.

If you want some scent rec's try these: grapefruit mint; vanilla nut bread; asian spice (Pier 1), almond marzipan,candied blueberries; mama's blueberry cobbler; cantaloupe melon blitz; chestnuts & brown sugar; hot baked apple pie (best apple pie I've found), coconut bubble, totally scrumptious, water lily & melon (soft & light for candles but makes a luscious soap) decadant pound cake, but her best imho is sweet orange pomegrante.

Are you saying you use the 50/50 for containers instead of just the js123? I seem to get a lot of wet spots with the J50, but no complaints from customers. You think I should try both the 123 and the 50/50? I do mostly jars and tarts and hurricanes, which I use a different wax for those. My tarts I use astorlite V. Thanks for all your help...Dee

Are you saying you use the 50/50 for containers instead of just the js123? I seem to get a lot of wet spots with the J50, but no complaints from customers. You think I should try both the 123 and the 50/50? I do mostly jars and tarts and hurricanes, which I use a different wax for those. My tarts I use astorlite V. Thanks for all your help...Dee

I use her 50/50 blends for both votives & containers. You could use her 50/50 votive blend (called 50-50 pillar votive) for the tarts (not sure about the hurricanes). The container blend is called JSB-1. I don't get wet spots on my jars but then in New Orleans right now it's so hot in my warehouse it takes over 3 hours with a fan blowing around them for my containers to form a layer so I can move them. When I used J223 and had the wet spots like crazy (even in the heat of summer) I would just explain to my customers exactly how & why they formed & then they didn't care about them. I would even reheat the jars to remove them and they'd come back. Don't have that with the JS blends.

I just for the first time talked to Becky from Just Scent and she is a wonderful person!! I have a lot of her oils so I decided to go for the JS 50/50. It will be here Saturday!!! :D :D :D

Becky is really fun to talk to. I always call my order in so we can chat a bit. I like this 50/50 so far. I'm still trying to find the wick I want to use with it, but isn't that always the case, lol. I'd love to hear your reviews once you try it out :D

Hello, I'm a newbie and I'm just finishing up a fifty pound first time'er batch of IGI 4627. Everybody said 4627 was hard to work with and they weren't kidding. It's like super thick sticky lard.

Anyway, from this thread, I've decided to order a ten pound block of JS123 and one of JS 50/50 for containers. Containers is all I am doing since in my opinion its the easiest for newbie to try. If I understand correctly, both of these waxes are good for containers. (I got tired of paying high prices for so so candles at the usual retail outlets...knowhatImean?)

Can someone with experience with the waxes above give me some input for the temp to add liquid dye and FO and in what order, and the best temp to pour for these waxes? I've been adding FO first then dye but from what I've been reading it seems most add dye first then FO.

And finally, as I said, I'm a newbie and the 4627 was my first attempt. Does the bb allow posts to tell your experience with candle making, you know, posts to make you laugh or cry where you're not asking or answering a post. I learned one lesson the silly unnecessary harrrrd way :-)

Thanks, DT98

Hi and welcome, I'm new too and this site is great. I have been using J-50 container wax and its a good wax but I get a lot of wet spots, which everyone here says you just gotta live with and I am. I'm learning as I go along, but you do add the color first and when your ready to pour add the FO. I usually pour at 150 degrees. I ordered the JS123 and it will be here Monday, can't wait to try it, also ordered 12 scents. I'll be doing a lot of testing! :laugh2: There is so much to learn, but I really enjoy it. Have fun and keep us posted on how your doing! Dee