OK so i'm gonna cheat

angel2211

I finally got scales from ebay and was getting sooooooooooo excited about finally being able to make soap, only to find that I cannot for the life of me source lye any where. So i've decided to cheat and i've bought a M&P kit from my supplier.. Then I added a heap of moulds, FO's, Colours and another 10kg of M&P... (hopefully i can use it or i'm in doo doo with the hubby...lol)

I know it's cheating but..... when u've got the urge to soap you just got to find a way till the better stuff comes along...

I'll let you all know how I go any advice for a beginner??? :undecided

LMAO neither do I, i've done all my research for CP... so i'm kinda in the dark.

I've spent months just reading the forums and searching the net, i finally got confident enough to join forums and ask questions and hhhmmpphh now i gotta do it again just cos i got desperate....lol

At least it's a learning curve

MP is EASY!!!!!!!!

you melt it in a double boiler or in the microwave..until just melted..do not boil add up to one tablespoon of FO per #..and you can also add other stuff..like scrubby stuff..and B&B dyes..pour into molds..spritz with alcohol and...let set untill cool..pop out of molds..and whaaaaallllaaaaa..soap.

I like the massage bar molds for my soap..they seem more spa like..been wating to do a brown sugar one in some silk & shea base but have not had the time to do it.:sad2:

If you do a search on here you will find TOOOONNNNNNSSSS of links on it. I found some pretty great recipes on here.

..spritz with alcohol quote]

Dumb question here but i'm assuming you mean rubbing alcohol? If so can that be purchased just in the supermarket or a chemist, health food store somewhere like that?

I intend to have fun with it. But was kinda hoping to get some CP done. Bought fancy new scales and all.. Although i posted at the soapdish cos people were telling me more australians are there and i did have some one contact me back telling me that the caustic soda that ihave now is exactly what they all use.. So there is still hope for me yet...WHOO HOOO unfortunately ive just spent heaps on stuff so will be making do with makeshift moulds till next round of expenditure.. but all will work out in the end.. Thanks for the advice. It is greatly needed and appreciated

I started out with the M&P...and sticking with it. I'm getting some great smelling soaps with tons of lather (adding some castor oil & pinch of sugar --learned that one here at CT). Most of what I sell is to co-workers that will order a candle, bar of soap, lotion bar or butter in matching scent so what I make is usually in small batches. Orders can be filled overnight so M&P works out great for me.

yep plus you can use it asap. no waiting for it to cure.

hey where did my other message go..

the alcohol is for spritzing between layers for layered soap and also to get rid of the bubblew when you pour...and yes just rubbing alcohol

Thanks guys for your replies I can't wait for it to all turn up, Never heard of the sugar or castor oil, so looks like i'd better dig in and do some research before it turns up. Because if there is one thing i don know about my self is i'm very patient to get started before i make up my mind to do it but when i do i know when it turns up i'll just jump in head first...lol Thanks again