Massage oil fragrances

pamperme

I have a new wholesale account for massage oil and well I need to find some fragrances that are appropraite for this account. I make my own blend for massage oil BUT it is a sensual fragrance if you know what I mean.:D not really appropriate for a massage therapist

Anyone have any they can suggest. I have never had a professional massage so I don't know what they use.:undecided I do not want to got the essentail oil route..looking for FO's that I can also use to make candles and other B&B stuff.

I am also deciding on a bottle.... like I said I have never had a massage..should I offer it in a gallon and then a refillable 8oz bottle?

For the bottle I would say def. the gallon and refillable, and I would make the refillable a very stable pump bottle that can easily be operated with one greasy hand.

As far as the scent, I would say you need to give them an unscented in addition to someting with a light scent - but which one? well you got me there!

I just checked out the aromatherapy stuff from natures garden and I think the relaxing one might be what he would want. I don't know..I sent an email to see ..it is a friend of ours that just got his licence so he knows I can come up with something for him..and custom made..so he wants to use me.

I think an 8oz with a pump and then a gallon jug would work..

playing with a recipe and i think this might work

40% grapeseed oil

40% sweet almond oil

20% wheat germ oil (Do you think this is to much of this oil? I was thinking of scratching this one all together:undecided )

and a few drops of FO

It needs to be non-staining oil..and absorbed quickly so the clients can get dressed right away.

can't be too light though, needs to stay slick while massaging. If it is a friend of yours I would give him 2-oz samples of a few different formulas (don't worry about scent yet) and ask which he likes best for texture.

I just made a sample bottle for a massage therapist..she wanted something energizing that wouldn't stain the sheets. (staining was a big issue with her) So what she got was straight coconut oil (supposed to be non-staining) and scented with GLs Engergizing FO (Lemongrass & Peppermint). For the test, her DH gave her a massage with it and he reported back that she just loved it and will be ordering more to use with her customers. This was the first massage oil that I've made so I have a lot of research to do but this one was a big hit.

Yup - fco is non-staining whereas the 76...very staining!

I adore massages but would only want essential oil blends...not fos. Sorry! To me...having a massage means I'm doing something good for my body. Your base is natural oils...why not stick with natural and use eos instead of fos? There are plenty of good blends with the added benefit of aromatherapy at the same time!

Jen

Something with mint in them. I used to get foot massages and an occasional pounding on the back. For the feet they used a blend of oils, but had EOs of peppermint or spearmint in there. Left a nice, tingly feeling.

I'd think something with some lavender on the back would be nice and it's calming properties might help to relax the muscles as well.

I checked out some aromatherpay sites and lots of EO's are not good for pregnant people..and others people with epilepsy can't use etc..lavender is one pregant people cannot use...not sure if I want to go into all that yet.

they are goning to meet up with me this week..and do some sniffies.:D