help

hi this is mayru.joined this community few days bak.i reall need help.im having bit of prob with gel wax.plz help.

i was making a small candle with gel wax.i pour wax in small glass in order to give it that shape and pass the wick through it.now i ve two problems

1.wick does not go straight in wax and always bend no matter how many times i tried.

2.the candle does not come out wen wax solidifies even though i greased the glass.

wat to do?:sad2:

Hi there, and welcome to the Board. You'll find an amazing group of very helpful, knowledgeable people here...

You will probably get a much better response to your post if you post in the "gel" section, rather than there. Also, get to know the search tool at the top of the page, it will easily become your best friend!

I'm not an expert on gel wax, but it's suppose to be a container candle. I don't think the gel is solid enough to be a molded pillar type of candle. As for the wick, are you waiting until the wax starts to get solid before trying to wick it? If so that might be why it's bending, try wicking the candle while the wax is still a liquid. Just make sure you keep the wick taut and secured so it stays straight. Hope that helps :)

Gel wax is a container wax not a stand alone wax. You will need to place your wick before you pour. If you want a clear pillar wax Candlewic has some it a little hard to work with and it does have to be colored as it start of a yellowish color.

Gel wax can stand alone only if you use HD gel and you are making only small unscented candles.

I've used the HD gel a good bit with heavier embeds that I want to float. Never tried to do one to stand alone. Just doesn't seem viable for that purpose to me.

Luci it is really not but I want to make these cool skulls out of gel so I started playing when I added FO they would collapse but unscented would hold up pretty well. These skulls where done in a silicone mold so I could peel the mold away from the gel I slightly under wicked them. I wish I could make more but I ended up ripping my mold and the gentleman that I got it from died a few years ago.

I read that a few people have made stand alones. Makes sense that the fo would be a problem. Everyone who orders from me, though, is more interested in the scent so unscented anything isn't an option for me. I probably couldn't even give away anything unscented!