Retail Mondays

Okay, I had a shitty....sorry yes...SHITTY day at the store today. I sold $10!!

No biggie, I'm over it. Its beautiful outside and I understand the street was slow because it was so nice outside and everyone was on their boats.

So, the question is...tomorrow is as nice as today, but I want some thoughts on how Mondays are in general for other retail owners.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Well, since we're just starting out I'm not going to be much help here, but initially, we decided to be closed on Mondays. We're going to be open on Sundays though. I have to work my other job tomorrow, at least until Noon, but since it's a holiday weekend, and there will be lots of out of town visitors around, hubby decided he's going to go ahead and open the shop tomorrow anyways. After this weekend, we'll probably go back to the closed Monday thing, because it's traditionally hell day for people right? LOL. I know the last thing I have time for on a Monday is shopping for anything.

Alright, that makes sooo much sense. Everyone has said they just pray for rain so it keeps people off lakes and in the stores.

I am going to open for a bit today. Weather says chance of rain. So if its cloudy...maybe they'll be out. Who knows.

My rent is so cheap that a $10 day isn't going to kill me. BUT I hate having to pay a sitter during the week if $10 isn't going to pay her.

We live in a very small town-rural-which tourists pass through. My friend has a store & they are closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. He says business is best on Friday & Saturday, then Monday. He thinks the reason is tourists who take long weekends. They seem to stop on the way back on Monday. Tues & Wed. were always slow so he closes & gets a "weekend" off. Stayed open Thursday because for many here it is payday.