White soaps?

CareBear

OK, I've actually snuck 3 different batches.

The castile is nice and white. White white white.

One was brown. Bad FO, bad!

And one that I made with an FO purported to have no impact on color turned out yellowish.

Anyone got a recipe beyond castile that gives a whitish bar? I WILL order titanium dioxide at some point, but want to minimize the use of that.

Sudsy all Vegtable by ....ok brain fart here....on the Miller web site!:D

for a 40oz batch

Canola oil 8.8 oz

Coconut oil 12 oz

Olive oil 12 oz

Palm oil 7.2 oz

I have changed this up many times subbing out Palm and Canola for other oils that match their properties and its a wonderful base recipe.

HTH

Pam

I've got it all but the palm oil. what oils match its properties? Sorry if I'm being dense here!

That's a wonderful recipe. You could use lard in place of palm, or shorteing. Just remember to run thru the lye calculator. And Carol, I PROMISE to get your soap out to you this week. Sorry about that:rolleyes2

Yep, lard is a good sub for palm and you can get it in the supermarket. It makes for a very white bar. I am not a fan of the TD. It can look chalky in the shower. Since I'm going for natural, the natural color has never bothered me a whit. If they want white, white soap, they can buy Ivory. ;)

e