Why is this happening?

I've made many mottled candles, but for some reason, when I try to make one in my "metal" log candle mold, it mottles beautifully on the top and on the bottom...but mottles very little on the sides. I could understand this if I was doing layers where the temperatures may vary in between pours, but I'm not...I'm pouring this all at once. I use 4045 (not 4045H), 1.5 oz of FO pp and 1 tsp of Vybar 343 pp of wax and pour between 180-185 degrees. This has always worked very well for me in all of my aluminum molds, but not in these. Could it be that this metal mold that I'm using is effecting the mottling process? If not...anyone have any idea's?

Thanks everyone! I'll try cutting back on the Vybar 343 and see how that works out. I used to wrap with towels when I used 1343 but never had to with the 4045...but it's worth a shot...will also try reducing the temp as well. Appreciate the assistance. :wink2:

I wasn't going to try all of them at the same time! LOL I'm not that new at this. Last night I said screw it and just made rustics instead. I had some other candles I wanted to melt down so I decided to make layered rustics and they came out quite nice. I didn't get the mottles that I wanted for the candle basket I was making but these will most definately do. Thanks again for the help guys!