Potpourri Fixins still sell now days?

Brooke

Hey all,

I am brain storming for products that I can add to my line for the

fall/winter season. Projects that my be easier to make time wise.

I have searched the board and archives for potpourri fixins and not much discussion on this topic.

Are these a thing of the past for decoration? :confused:

I sell them in the fall only, my wholesale accounts order a limited amount, I add small bags to gift baskets and sell quite a bit to friends. Of course there are those in the business that do very well with it as it is there forte so to speak. With candles and B and B it is not a concentration for me.

I've always considered a 'build your own potpourri' station would be way cool. Then they could even pick their potpourri fragrance too. How easy is that! Woodland Marketing has those units that have all of the baskets...just fill up each basket with a different ingredient and VIOLA.

Ginger, I use rosehips in all my fall blends and for my cinnabuns I put little cinnabuns, wax, in them. I spray and stir and let it sit and then spray and stir and let it sit until it is nice and strong. I don't add orris root or anything. It lasts quite a long time.

Potpourri does really well for me in the fall and actually, I just brought some in to my office for the first time and it sold well-I put some in a pretty jar and set it on my desk-got quite a few sales that way.......

I get mine pre mixed and blended from Stone Stew. Linda has beautiful blends and the fragrances are awesome-her prices are great too. She is wonderful to work with.....

Tracey

We wholesale all of our fixins and you can see them on our website. I have found that they dont sell as well if you have them already bagged but that might just be our area. We use the bakery window bags to bag them also. PM me if you have any questions.

I have tried selling bagged potpourri and fixins and neither sells that well for me. I am going to try it again this fall out of bins and let them bag it. If you want to purchase it already made, go to the Supplier Announcements section on this board and click on “want to make a great profit” to find information on Stone Stew. I purchased some unscented potpourri from Stone Stew and will add my own FO's to match my candles. I have not tried it, but I have also read lots of good things about Karen’s Fixins. Here is her website. http://www.karensfixins.com/ Good luck.