Anyoe use the whisk forums

dixiegal

I guess they must be quite selective on who can join. I was wondering though, how you would find someone to vouch for you if you couldn't get in there to see who the members are and see if you know anyone. Other than doing it through other boards like this, of course.

That is a very good question, not to mention all of the people that don't belong to any forums at all. I use to go there on occasion to read but I haven't tried to join since you need someone to vouch for you.

I need to ask you ladies one really stupid question, did you fill out the screen where it ask's you questions like:

Username:

Username before database accident:

Username on other forums:

Which Forums:

(it keeps going with more quesitons)

I don't remember if you have to wait for an e-mail 1st to fill this page out. Also is it the whisk that you can't have an AOL e-mail account with? I thought I remember that doesn't work.(it should say right there as your filling out the request) Just some suggestions, I know it really didn't take that long for me.

The Whisk is great-been over there for about a year & a half. Lots of info and very helpful people. Gracefruit has had some very good HP posts over there. That is where I found her recipe that I LOVE for CPHP.

GLO

I too am at the Whisk, If I remember right I never received an email saying I was accepted but one day I tryed to sign in and realized I was accepted. I too noticed Olivia has not been around much so keep trying to get in. If you can not get in after 10 days (Ithink) then you have to reapply. Lots of informative things there. I love it here the best though. Sue

If you have questions about searching or using other forums, please ask in the applicable forum. It is pretty common practice/courtesy on any forum to keep discussions within that community.

There are tips on the Whisk about how to register, vouching, etc. Follow their rules on membership and you will be accepted or you won't, as stated, that is up to the admin at the Whisk. Requesting vouches over here is not allowed.

Since the initial question was answered, but helpful information remains, I will close the thread.