Corn Cob sachets ?

Its been awhile since i was fooling with these but hubby wants some to take to men at his new job site. says he can sell a lot for me and these truckers needs them LOL! he takes care of their trucks ( lube, oil, grease & etc..) at a coal/strip mines job, i say you have to be in the country to understand his job, anyway i make up 3 different scents with some fo's i got and realized they were manly scents, colonge. i do not like them in tarts , but i think they would smell nice in a sachet , hanging in a truck. mountain lake & frosted snow drops are smelling good in the mix. i use the ratio of bitter creek instructions, 2 cups of corncob to 1 oz of fo, except i done 1 cup salt, 1 cup corncob . its been 5 days and they are still oily looking . how long should i wait before adding a little more corn cob ? don't want to do it too soon, it might make the smell weaker if i have too much. i use the last of the mix i had in a jar, i had left from the first time i was making these, just for family cars. so i can't remember how long it took for the fo's to soak into the corn cob & salt mixture.:rolleyes2 ooops! sorry its so long.

I could be wrong ( darn sure wouldn't be the first time ) but here in FL the salt will somewhat liquefy because of the humidity. I haven't made them with the salt and wouldn't because of that. If after 5 days you still have wet corncob then (1) leave out the salt and use vermiculite or orris root instead and (2) go ahead and add a few more tablespoons of corn cob to the mix.

By the way, good luck on selling those. Hope the truckers love them.

Thanks, the other ones i made i used the rock salt is why i used it again and the salt didn't melt. but i have been wanting to try some with the vermiculite mixed with the corn cob, so i'll look for that over the weekend, my other ones did dry good, just wish i could remember if it took a long time or not to dry. should have kept notes but i wasn't planing on making them again. LOL! i will add more corn cob if they don't dry out in a couple of days. it might be the humidity, its high here.